One Month Out

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fyrfytr310

Principal Engineer
Reaction score
April 2019 PE Poll

For all us upcoming test-takers, how are you feeling right now?

1. Calm, cool, collected
  2. A little nervous
  3. Tunnel visioned with practice problems; no time to worry
  4. Total panic, buying spree of additional problems, questioning every decision in this life
I'm a healthy mix of 1,2 and 3.

For the breadth, a good mix of 1 and 2

for the structural depth a good mix of 3 and 4.

First time test taker so really no idea what to expect.

For all the lurkers out there: if you think it's bad now, it'll be so, so, so much worse a few days out from the exam. And the true hell begins a month after the exam!
Or even worse...when the date passes and still no result, which you had convinced yourself the results would be released. 

2. A little nervous

I'm doing my first "mock exam" with the Slay the PE Practice Test this weekend.  I've already "mastered" the NCESS TFS Practice Exam and have spent the last month going through the Slay The PE TFS Bundle.  I plan to do (2) full 8 hour mock exams before the test.  Other than that I will spend every day doing problems until my brain EXPLODES!!!

For all the lurkers out there: if you think it's bad now, it'll be so, so, so much worse a few days out from the exam. And the true hell begins a month after the exam!
I can only imagine.  I'm such an anxious person and know I will spend every day after the exam logging into NCEES even though I know there's no way they will post the results that day.

April 2019 PE Poll

For all us upcoming test-takers, how are you feeling right now?

1. Calm, cool, collected
  2. A little nervous
  3. Tunnel visioned with practice problems; no time to worry
  4. Total panic, buying spree of additional problems, questioning every decision in this life
I'm a healthy mix of 1,2 and 3.
This will be my third time taking it, and I can't say I have studied anymore than my previous attempts but I am also way more at ease and at peace with this attempt. I know I have my references and will do my best. I know of a few people that are a completely different discipline yet managed to pass it somehow. There is definitely a big element of luck that can play for or against you. Best of luck to you. 

Dang already a month out? Good idea to use this time to focus on your problem topics, go through your practice exams (but don't wait until you're a week away from the exam to do them), make sure all your references are in order.  I stopped studying the Tuesday of exam week, and I think taking that break was critical -  really gave my brain enough time to rest and recover before the big day.  You all got this!  

My exam is at a hotel conference center.  I'm highly considering staying there the night before.  
This wouldn't help me much as I tend to get too excited to sleep for big events, but to each their own. Good luck!

I can only imagine.  I'm such an anxious person and know I will spend every day after the exam logging into NCEES even though I know there's no way they will post the results that day.
I'm the same way.  I checked it 3 times a day for the FE results.  But that was only a 1 week wait....

One month out....that means those who are going to pass have already logged 150 hrs and only have 150 hrs left to go.  
:pppppp

I passed with 200 hours, but everyone is different.  I am very jealous of the "I started two weeks before and logged 10 hrs and passed" people.

My exam is at a hotel conference center.  I'm highly considering staying there the night before.  
This is a very good idea. If you have a long commute to the test site or have any concerns about traffic, then you should stay at nearby accommodations. It just removes a lot of stress from the morning of the exam.

One month out....that means those who are going to pass have already logged 150 hrs and only have 150 hrs left to go.  
Truth!

:pppppp

I passed with 200 hours, but everyone is different.
200-300hrs is par for the course ;)

In my opinion there is no reason for you not to do this.  Give yourself the best shot at passing. 

This is my third attempt. In two previous attempts, waiting for the results was much worse than the lead up to the exam. Today I planned out each topic to review then gave it time on my schedule. It turns out I will need to take off Fridays between now and the Exam to make it work. I talking with my manager on Monday to make it happen. Be intentional with the time available; it will pay dividends. Best of Luck!

tru2YM,

That is a great idea. At this point, the last month is the time to tie off loose ends.

Before I passed (2nd attempt), I was closer to 1 and 3. 

I remember taking my time on the last month to re-study on areas I was weak in and refresh the exam as a whole. I find it best to practice sample exams several times (at this point) to get in the rhythm of things.

Good luck to you. I hope you knock it out of the park.

Oh boy, less than a month...
I'm sitting somewhere between 2 and 3. Going through the "strengthening of weak points" phase. Burning through the rest of the practice problems I have, and completing the last set of tabs I need on my reference material. Gonna take another practice exam next weekend. Gonna try and squeeze one more in the following weekend.

I can't wait to see my nerves after the exam 

Back