Release of PE license for January month

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

foodjunkie

Reaction score
Hello All,

So I have passed all of the required tests for California PE since February 12th, 2019. My understanding from reading previous threads is that licenses are released every two weeks, however, I still haven't received anything from the board yet regarding PE license number or even just a congratulatory email on passing all my tests. Is this normal or should I wait a big longer? Please let me know you experiences. Thanks. 

Have you tried contacting the board directly? if not, I would highly recommend you shoot them an e-mail they are very responsive.

@vip-eng Hi, I plan on shooting them an email today. I remember you were also in the January results thread, did you receive your license number or a congratulatory email yet? 

Hi guys! Today my license number showed up in the DCA web!!! No board email yet!

@JPMCL did you have to send in a "Notice of Successful Examination Form" for Seismic/Survey?

Looks like it took about 3 weeks from pass results email to license number for you?

Yes, my license number showed up on the DCA website also, woohoo!

PS.

So I talked to the lady from the board and she said we won't get a congratulatory email from the board until mid month, and they don't send it out bi-weekly anymore, they only send that email per monthly now (even though they still process license numbers bi-weekly). We should get our actual license in the email 6-8 weeks after. 

Hi everyone, I received this in an email after reaching out the Board: 

License numbers are automatically issued bi-weekly for all eligible applicants who have passed all required exams and fulfilled the Livescan/Fingerprint requirement.

The next list was scheduled to be processed March 29, 2019.

Your license number will be available on the CA Board’s website on/or within 2-3 business days after the date mentioned above.

Please click “License Lookup” to view your license information at that time. http://www.bpelsg.ca.gov/consumers/lic_lookup.shtml

Your wall certificate and paper pocket license will be mailed to you in approximately 6 to 8 weeks.

[SIZE=11pt] [/SIZE]You will also receive a plastic pocket ID card in the mail in approximately 12 weeks.

And I presume you didn't have to send this that  NOTICE OF SUCCESSFUL NATIONAL EXAMINATION form after you passed everything right?  https://www.bpelsg.ca.gov/applicants/board_notification_form.pdf you just waited and got the license number e-mail and congratulation e-mail too.
I sent an email to a BPELSG Evaluator to confirm if this is true. They said we don't need to provide a notice of successful national examination form. We just have to wait.

Their email is a bit confusing. They said a temporary license will be issued. Are we going to have to pay for a renewal fee soon?

I sent an email to a BPELSG Evaluator to confirm if this is true. They said we don't need to provide a notice of successful national examination form. We just have to wait.

Their email is a bit confusing. They said a temporary license will be issued. Are we going to have to pay for a renewal fee soon?
Yes, per my colleague who got this PE past June, the license issued by the board is only good for the end of the quarter. That means our Licenses is good till the 30th of June 2019, and you have a renewal fee (for 2 years) to pay before the 30th of June. 

Last edited by a moderator:

License numbers are automatically issued bi-weekly for all eligible applicants who have passed all required exams and fulfilled the Livescan/Fingerprint requirement.

Your license number will be available on the CA Board’s website on/or within 2-3 business days after the date mentioned above.

Please click “License Lookup” to view your license information at that time. http://www.bpelsg.ca.gov/consumers/lic_lookup.shtml

Your wall certificate and paper pocket license will be mailed to you in approximately 6 to 8 weeks.

[SIZE=11pt] [/SIZE]You will also receive a plastic pocket ID card in the mail in approximately 12 weeks.
This is awesome news! Thank you! 

Regarding the Pocket ID Card this is the first time I have heard about it! 

That makes sense, that’s why the next licensing cycle  will be on the last business day of the month and quarter (29 March) 

My name, and license number just appeared on DCA website ... no words can describe the feeling almost a year of studying and hard work for this moment ..  it's totally worth it 😍

The board kept his words 🙏😁

Back