Scheduling Tip

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aeriekah

Reaction score
I figured this out on accident but a tip that I would like to share to all seismic/surveying test takers is to schedule your exam in for the first or middle month of the quarter.

For example if you got authorization to take the test in the 1st quarter, i.e. January, February or March, I would advise you to take it in January or February.

That way if you find out you failed in the following month, you can send your application to retake ASAP and will get the authorization to test for the next quarter - April to June.

My first instinct was of course to prolong the inevitable and schedule it for the last of the month but if you take the test in March, you will find out in April (start of the 2nd quarter). Since you re-applied in the 2nd quarter you wont be eligible to re-take it until the 3rd quarter.

I figured this out on accident but a tip that I would like to share to all seismic/surveying test takers is to schedule your exam in for the first or middle month of the quarter.

For example if you got authorization to take the test in the 1st quarter, i.e. January, February or March, I would advise you to take it in January or February.

That way if you find out you failed in the following month, you can send your application to retake ASAP and will get the authorization to test for the next quarter - April to June.

My first instinct was of course to prolong the inevitable and schedule it for the last of the month but if you take the test in March, you will find out in April (start of the 2nd quarter). Since you re-applied in the 2nd quarter you wont be eligible to re-take it until the 3rd quarter.
I second this!

Also, if you're the type that waiting for results kills you, then schedule it at the end of the month. This way, you'll only have to wait about 2 weeks for results. 

I second this!

Also, if you're the type that waiting for results kills you, then schedule it at the end of the month. This way, you'll only have to wait about 2 weeks for results. 
Yes! I forgot about this! Thank you @quique7! The first time took the test I scheduled it for the beginning of the month....it was a long 1.5 months waiting to find out I failed hahah.  

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anyone know if you can reserve your spot at Prometric before getting the official authorization from the Board? It's early June now and October is almost filled up at my local testing center. I'm expecting to be approved for the 4th quarter.

Back