First time Civil PE test taker

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Manimani

Reaction score
Hi All,

Canadian here trying to get my PE License. First time taking the exam this April.

I have mostly been studying through the EET Breadth and Depth on-demand lectures (which so far have been great). I do have a copy of the CERM but have yet to use it...

I have purchased the following practice exams:

• NCEES Practice Exam
  • Civil PE Practice Exam (2 Breadth Exams) : https://civilpepractice.com/publications/
  • Structural Depth Practice Exams for the Civil PE Exam by James Giancaspro.
There are also the 1 simulated breadth and 1 simulated depth exams as part of the EET courses.

Are there any other practice exams you guys suggest taking/purchasing on-top of what I have?

Any other pointers anyone can give is greatly appreciated!

Thank You!

Hi All,

Canadian here trying to get my PE License. First time taking the exam this April.

I have mostly been studying through the EET Breadth and Depth on-demand lectures (which so far have been great). I do have a copy of the CERM but have yet to use it...

I have purchased the following practice exams:

• NCEES Practice Exam
  • Civil PE Practice Exam (2 Breadth Exams) : https://civilpepractice.com/publications/
  • Structural Depth Practice Exams for the Civil PE Exam by James Giancaspro.
There are also the 1 simulated breadth and 1 simulated depth exams as part of the EET courses.

Are there any other practice exams you guys suggest taking/purchasing on-top of what I have?

Any other pointers anyone can give is greatly appreciated!

Thank You!
I think you should be okay with these. The fact that you have the EET practice problems should be reassuring for you. They cover a wide variety and array of topics, and are known to not leave anything uncovered. 

As far as the other tests go, the NCEES one is the closest to the exam in terms of difficulty and how the test might look on the big day. Civil PE Breadth Exams are easier than the real thing, but good practice nevertheless. I've never used the James Giancaspro book so can't comment. 

Good luck!

@Manimani

I used all of the same resources you did except for  the Civil PE Exam by James Giancaspro. I think you will have plenty of practice problems with EET and the other references you mention. If you can get your hands on School of PE notes and practice problems for the AM portion of the exam, that would serve you very well. 

Thanks for the reply guys!

@USC_Engineer PE only way to do that is to sign up for School of PE right? (i.e there aren't any resources laying around)?

You will need the CERM to answer couple of conceptual/definition questions. I also used the Support Material at the end of the book.

I too used the same references and they were enough. However, EET somehow does not cover the Engineering Economic Analysis, which I did from the CERM.

Back