The anti-Valentine's Day revolution has begun!

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dleg

Spammer Emeritus
Reaction score
.... with 9 people in Japan:

Banning giri choco

Last Saturday, the Revolutionary Alliance of Unpopular People (RAUP) staged its 12th annual protest against "romantic capitalism" in Tokyo.
"We're against companies exploiting events like Valentine's Day to push excessive consumer culture and guilt-trip people who aren't in relationships," said Takeshi Akimoto, a member of the tiny fringe group, comprised of nine students and workers.
One of the group's complaints is that Valentine's Day chocolates in the workplace can make some employees feel that their value is determined by how much confectionery they receive.

190213134529-03-japan-valentine-day-exlarge-169.jpg

RAUP gathered to shout anti-Valentine's day slogans in Tokyo, Japan.

It's a sentiment shared by others across Japan. Some companies have now banned the custom of "giri choco," saying it cause problems if colleagues compare prices of chocolates or highlight those who don't receive any sweets.
"If the popular men get all the chocolate, the morale of all the other workers would drop," explains Kukhee Choo, a researcher at Sophia University in Tokyo. "That would affect a company's atmosphere."

I'm talking about what you name yourselves. The Japanese already have you beat with the "Revolutionary Alliance of Unpopular People (RAUP)"

Maybe "Girls Against Genitalia Related Eating and (by the way) Fellatio is not Love it is EXploitation" (GAG REFLEX)

Me: Whatever, I like sleeping on the couch. It's like camping out.  

Back