2019 Engineer Boards Salary Survey - EB.COM Salary Surveys - Engineer Boards
Engineer Boards
Road Guy

2019 Engineer Boards Salary Survey

All - Since the survey poll wasn't really working out, I wanted to try and different method for obtaining this info for everyone to use. 

Please suggest edits or ways to improve this.. Will be a work in progress!

Thanks- RG

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1fivnpeUtnHdXuVQ1IrDQRgUAFUk9ctFYMugef4MW2jo/edit?usp=sharing

• Like 3

Great idea RG! Thanks!

Is the structural engineer respondent from San Francisco eligible for food stamps?  The average rent would eat up almost all of their take home pay.   

The Bay Area has a lot going for it, but I can't see how anyone can afford to live there.

Edited by ruggercsc

Yeah, I think I need a new job.

• Like 3

On 2/26/2019 at 3:22 PM, ashmur90 said:

Holy cow I am so underpaid.

same

Did we change the doc from the earlier one?

I have a slight problem with this.

"Northeast" "new England" "midwest" aren't very useful/helpful.

The pay across New England varies. Within my own company, I took a pay cut when I moved from CT to ME due to "cost of labor" differences between the states. 

I'm not saying list your exact city & state but listing the state would be more useful.

I haven't added my data as I can't find my paperwork to accurately input my info. 

• Like 1

try the electrical tab - I think that's the "other" tab - I need to clean this up

The Civil data is filling in nicely!

12 hours ago, Road Guy said:

try the electrical tab - I think that's the "other" tab - I need to clean this up

The Civil data is filling in nicely!

I looked at all of the tabs prior to commenting. 

I just don't like vagueness/incompleteness 

Aw yea...bringing down the average 

I have no idea if environmental/brownfields work would technically go under civil (since it's civil/environmental) or other.  I'll just cry and not add my stuff.  T_T

@JayKay0914 there's definitely already a civil/enviro in the civil page, so I would say civil. - at least not enough to cry about!

@Road Guy did the file change? I can't find my info

ALL - if you don't want to say your city, can you at least put like Metro and the state? Midwest, Northeast don't help. Knowing if it's a metropolitan area or non metro, is more helpful.  I know people want to stay anonymous but at least in the civil page there's enough entries that noone is going to try to pinpoint your salary.

Edited by tj_PE

27 minutes ago, tj_PE said:

@JayKay0914 there's definitely already a civil/enviro in the civil page, so I would say civil. - at least not enough to cry about!

ALL - if you don't want to say your city, can you at least put like Metro and the state? Midwest, Northeast don't help. Knowing if it's a metropolitan area or non metro, is more helpful.  I know people want to stay anonymous but at least in the civil page there's enough entries that noone is going to try to pinpoint your salary.

I edited the file so it was by experience (aka; I was seeing how much everyone was making), but I didn't delete or remove any info

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tj_PE said:

Neither is typing "Electrical" for field under the electrical tab 

Added CE salary

Lets add columns for

• Vacation days per year
  • Max vacation day banking
  • Personal days
  • Sick days
  • Health insurance contribution
  • Retirement plan Personal/Company contribution

I think Income doesn't show much anymore. Home prices also govern the differences based on locality. 

On 2/26/2019 at 12:22 PM, ashmur90 said:

Holy cow I am so underpaid.

I feel yo. I'm so underpaid as well :( With MS and EIT in Electrical. my life is a lie now.

yeah mine is gone too