Last chance to take Mechanical PE Exam in Paper-and-Pencil form is Oct.'19

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SacMe24

Reaction score
Looks like NCEES has made it official and the last time anyone will be able to take the paper-and-pencil Mechanical PE Exam (any discipline) will be October '19:  https://ncees.org/exams/cbt/

The conversion schedule is below, what do you guys think about this?

Capture.PNG

The exams will be closed book, like the FE and the only reference allowed will be their on-screen PDF handbook.

This will make it a lot easier to prepare, especially the HVAC&R folks. I bet we will never see another post here asking if one really needs all ASHRAE books or if older ASHRAE books are good  enough.

The exams will be closed book, like the FE and the only reference allowed will be their on-screen PDF handbook.

This will make it a lot easier to prepare, especially the HVAC&R folks. I bet we will never see another post here asking if one really needs all ASHRAE books or if older ASHRAE books are good  enough.
I wonder if people will be able to purchase the PDF handbooks in advance so they can become familiar with them.

The NCEES handbook for the FE exam is available for free download. It is reasonable to assume they’ll make their PE handbook available for download as well. Maybe they’ll charge for it; maybe not. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Last edited by a moderator:
Back