Best review courses to take?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

engineer123

Reaction score
Ive been out of school for 5 years so Im not sure if its worth taking a review course for the PE Environmental. Can someone recommend which courses were helpful and which ones had good practice problems? (I think Air and possibly wastewater treatment might be my weakest areas). Any insight would be appreciated! 

Also, I've seen some people here recommend which textbooks they've used to study for the exam which was helpful. Just wondering, do you just do the in-chapter practice problems? Where can I get a bunch of practice problems to just sit down and go through? (besides the ncees questions of course)

Last edited by a moderator:
Soo theres school of PE, testmasters and EET (Civil WRE). Any recommendations anyone?!

I went through SoPE and I was successful on my first attempt. I thought it was a great course...stronger in some areas than others. I particularly think that their water, wastewater, water resources topics are well covered. I struggled a bit with their air topic. In my opinion, the KEY is the effort you put in, not the course you take. My $0.02.

Hello!  It depends where you're at with the material, how much you use it day to day, etc.  SoPE is good if you need a broad review, but if you need a more in-depth review of the material, it may not be your best.  If you're strong in air and weak with water, I'd recommend EET.  I took the EET course since I was also very weak with water - you get tons of practice problems, exams, and in-depth reviews.  I really think that course helped me pass.  It also overlaps a bit with material from remediation (i.e. aquifers, wells, drawdown, etc).

As far as practice problems, I used SoPE practice problems, EET problems, and problems from the Cooper/Alley textbook.  I also did the NCEES practice exams, the book of Schneiter practice exams, and the practice problems from Schneiter. I didn't bother with the PPI practice problems since they're not very representative of the exam.  

I agree with @kncumber that effort is most important! Best of luck with your studies.

Hi, I am sure that my answer will be useful even now, since I began to study a lot about nature, geology, ecology, biology during quarantine. I will note the very cool materials that I read, navigate to this website and study cruelty to animals essays, this is a truly global problem that is very difficult to root out, but if you write about it, tell and try to do something in the right direction, then each of us can affect the situation.

Back