Re-Examination Application

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
How long does it take for BPELSG to accept a re-examination application? 

Just a little worried because it's been 2 weeks and the check for the reexamination fee hasn't been cashed.  

How long does it take for BPELSG to accept a re-examination application? 

Just a little worried because it's been 2 weeks and the check for the reexamination fee hasn't been cashed.  
Generally speaking, when the re-exam form and appropriate fees are received, it is accepted.  You can always contact the Board to check, but its probably just seasonal workload.  Prepare for the exam and do well.

You should be getting an email indicating your re-examination application has been processed within a month but like CAPLS said, it could be season workload. I would assume also they technically have until the end of quarter to process your application. If you havent heard from them yet, shoot them an email.

When I applied for re-examination in the beginning of October 2018 I only got approval by mid December. They did cash my check within about 2.5 weeks after I mailed the papers. So I am also curious whether they just process them all as bulk by the end of the quarter or they review/approve them as they come in.

Generally speaking, when the re-exam form and appropriate fees are received, it is accepted.  You can always contact the Board to check, but its probably just seasonal workload.  Prepare for the exam and do well.
So, since the results were released yesterday, I mailed out the form and check. It should be delivered today (03/19)

Will I be able to re-take the test in the 2nd quarter? Or will I have to wait until the 3rd quarter to re-take, considering it's almost the end of the first quarter?

So, since the results were released yesterday, I mailed out the form and check. It should be delivered today (03/19)

Will I be able to re-take the test in the 2nd quarter? Or will I have to wait until the 3rd quarter to re-take, considering it's almost the end of the first quarter?
Any completed Re-exam forms received by the Board prior to the end of the quarter will be processed for the following quarter.  There is a supplemental list prepared to accommodate those received very close to the last day of each quarter.

I just received my e-mail with technical review comments (first application). It did not say that I was denied/need to reapply, but asked for supplemental information. This includes additional state licensure verification for my references and more specific descriptions of my engineering tasks and duties.

@CAPLS If I get the information back to the reviewer today, and she approves me say on Friday, March 29, then the supplemental list allows me to take the exam either next quarter (April-June) or the following (July-September)?

I just received my e-mail with technical review comments (first application). It did not say that I was denied/need to reapply, but asked for supplemental information. This includes additional state licensure verification for my references and more specific descriptions of my engineering tasks and duties.

@CAPLS If I get the information back to the reviewer today, and she approves me say on Friday, March 29, then the supplemental list allows me to take the exam either next quarter (April-June) or the following (July-September)?
Depends on when the Board receives the additional information and that you have satisfied the criteria for becoming licensed.  Feel free to include a note to the reviewer asking for contact upon further review so you can plan ahead.

Have those of you who applied for re-examination in March after the 19th received anything? I have not heard back from the board and am somewhat concerned...

Have those of you who applied for re-examination in March after the 19th received anything? I have not heard back from the board and am somewhat concerned..
I didn't receive anything. They cashed my check on the 22nd - two days after my application was delivered.

Have those of you who applied for re-examination in March after the 19th received anything? I have not heard back from the board and am somewhat concerned...
If your re-examination form was RECEIVED by the board on or before the last working day of March (March 29th), expect to receive an email with the ATT somewhere around the 2nd or 3rd week of April. In other words, you will be allowed to test in quarter 2 if they received your exam form and check/money order on or before last Friday. 

Source: Evaluator at the BPELSG (conversation over phone)

Anyone heard back from the board about their re-examination application?

Last edited by a moderator:
I received authorization to take the seismic test in the second quarter two weeks before I took the test near the end of the first quarter.  Still waiting for results...

Back