Need Construction PE Exam Reference Material

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RF509

Reaction score
I'm looking to buy the following books for the April 2019 exam, please message me if you have them for sale:

1. ASCE 37 Design Loads on Structures During Construction, 2014, American Society of Civil Engineers, Reston, VA, www.asce.org.

2. CMWB Standard Practice for Bracing Masonry Walls Under Construction, 2012, Council for Masonry Wall Bracing, Mason Contractors Association of America, Lombard, IL, 

3. AISC Steel Construction Manual, 14th ed., 2011, Parts 1–3, 8, 16.1 (Chapters M, N) and 16.2, American Institute of Steel Construction, Inc., Chicago, IL, www.aisc.org.

4. ACI MNL-15 Field Reference Manual, 2016, American Concrete Institute, Farmington Hills, MI, www.concrete.org.

5. OSHA Construction Industry Regulations: 29 CFR Parts 1903, 1904, and 1926 (US federal version, January 2017), US Department of Labor, Washington, DC.

6. MUTCD-Pt 6 (2009)

You probably don't need the 14th Edition of the Steel Manual, any recent one will work. I think I had the 11th Edition and was fine.

You probably don't need the 14th Edition of the Steel Manual, any recent one will work. I think I had the 11th Edition and was fine.
Actually,  you may not need the Steel Manual at all if you can find the subject material of those few sections elsewhere.  For the AMac section,  and afternoon Construction Section,  there are no Steel design questions on the exam. I actually brought my copy from early 2000's, and I don't think I ever even thought about using it during the exam. 

@youngmotivatedengineer For the AM portion, did you need any of the tables on steel properties and member sizes and strengths? I have a PDF version of the 14th edition and maybe I can just print out all the tables. Thoughts? 

@JDG Engineer Thanks. I originally planned to do that but when the local printing place was $0.20 a sheet it was almost adding up to the cost of just buying them! 

Did you guys need CMWB or ASCE 37? 

CMWB no, ASCE 37 yes.

I was fotunat emy boss let me print out OSHA and MUTCD at work. 

SP-4 there is data tables in Chapters 4-7 that may come in handy. I found a copy from 1999 in a college library.

Steel Manual biggest things are beam equations (ch 3), and section properties (ch 1). Beam equations are readily available in other sources.  This site http://www.learncivilengineering.com/  has a free download of beam equation from wood design manual (NDS).

Hey,

I have a bunch of material that I am selling if you are interested. I passed the Construction PE Exam last April and I am putting for sale my reference items. I have books, PDFs, practice problems and exams you might be interested in.

PM if you want titles and prices!

Hey,

I have a bunch of material that I am selling if you are interested. I passed the Construction PE Exam last April and I am putting for sale my reference items. I have books, PDFs, practice problems and exams you might be interested in.

PLease let me know what you I am interested.

I'm looking to buy the following books for the April 2019 exam, please message me if you have them for sale:

1. ASCE 37 Design Loads on Structures During Construction, 2014, American Society of Civil Engineers, Reston, VA, www.asce.org.

2. CMWB Standard Practice for Bracing Masonry Walls Under Construction, 2012, Council for Masonry Wall Bracing, Mason Contractors Association of America, Lombard, IL, 

3. AISC Steel Construction Manual, 14th ed., 2011, Parts 1–3, 8, 16.1 (Chapters M, N) and 16.2, American Institute of Steel Construction, Inc., Chicago, IL, www.aisc.org.

4. ACI MNL-15 Field Reference Manual, 2016, American Concrete Institute, Farmington Hills, MI, www.concrete.org.

5. OSHA Construction Industry Regulations: 29 CFR Parts 1903, 1904, and 1926 (US federal version, January 2017), US Department of Labor, Washington, DC.

6. MUTCD-Pt 6 (2009)
did you happen to find the MNL-15 or SP-4?  if so would you be interested in selling them? 

Hey,

Good morning,

I was wondering if you had any practice exams still available? 

Thanks! 

Back