When will a colored screen scientific calculator come?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PowerStroke79_PE

Reaction score
I used to dream about having graphing calculators with colored screens. Now they are here. That was for fun. Now, my eyes aren't what they used to and using my scientific calculator becomes tiring unless I have good lighting. I wish there was a scientific calculator with colored screen. Who cares that I would have to recharge it. I won't keep hopes up with TI, but for Casio and HP I still believe..... 

I haven’t looked at calculators for sale in a long time, trust my HP41

I don't think it will ever happen. There really isn't any market demand for a color screen graphing calculator, at least not at the current price. Which BTW, prices have held steady for the same model of calculator for nearly 25 years.

Has anyone made a phone app that functions like a graphing calculator? I haven't tried looking yet... It's probably cheaper than a new graphing calculator.

I can't imagine what would be shown in different colors. You want a rainbow when it displays 80087355???

I miss the HP 48G. Mine died about 6 months ago. I liked the reverse polish notation.  I have Panecal free app on my phones, looks like the HP48, but I can't play Tetrus or minesweeper!

So I just use the TI-30X IIS I used for the multiple times I took the PE. A friend in community college got dozen of us to buy a 12 of them in 1993, she got one for free. It was $180 each. Which was cheaper then retail. I think I used it on the EIT in 1998. RIP HP48G.

How about this one?

I got one of these several years back when I started grad school, to run through some practice calculus work as a refresher. Seemed pretty cool, but I haven't touched it since then (not even for the actual grad work)

https://education.ti.com/en/products/calculators/graphing-calculators/ti-nspire-cx-cas

ani-multiple-reps-cas-v2.gif

Back