Application approval and exam registration time?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

superfrogtw

Reaction score
I passed the 8 hour portion and have my 2+ years of experience already. If I apply around early February, when can I expect to get the green light to take the seismic and surveying exams? 

Do you register for the exams the quarter after you are approved? Basically, I'm hoping to take the exams around late May or early June. 

Sorry, I'm just not understanding the whole application system too clearly and any help and insight would be greatly appreciated. 

It usually takes around 60 days for them to process your application. So if you apply early February, you'll probably get approval by early April. April is the 2nd quarter which means you'll have to take it the third quarter. The third quarter is July-September. 

Expect 2-3 months. Once you hit the 60 day mark, you're allowed to inquire about your application status, but it took 3 months for me to get my Authorization to Test.

It usually takes around 60 days for them to process your application. So if you apply early February, you'll probably get approval by early April. April is the 2nd quarter which means you'll have to take it the third quarter. The third quarter is July-September. 

Expect 2-3 months. Once you hit the 60 day mark, you're allowed to inquire about your application status, but it took 3 months for me to get my Authorization to Test.
Okay, so I'll have a pretty slim chance to take it next quarter late May to early June then unless I apply immediately, huh? And even then, it sounds like it could be up to 3 months to get the Authorization to Test. 

Okay, so I'll have a pretty slim chance to take it next quarter late May to early June then unless I apply immediately, huh? And even then, it sounds like it could be up to 3 months to get the Authorization to Test. 
You never know with the board, so put it in ASAP and hope for the best. I think next quarter will be doable, though.

You never know with the board, so put it in ASAP and hope for the best. I think next quarter will be doable, though.
Yeah, the thing is I'm pretty busy and also gonna be out of town until early February so 60+ days will likely push that to early April at best. Not the end of the world but with weddings and summer happening, I originally wanted to get everything done with by June. Oops, I done goofed. 

My application was delivered to the Board on 10/6.  On 12/4 they said they moved it to the pile where it should get reviewed.  I've heard nothing.  3.5 months and counting for me.

My application was delivered to the Board on 10/6.  On 12/4 they said they moved it to the pile where it should get reviewed.  I've heard nothing.  3.5 months and counting for me.
Dang, that is a bummer.

I submitted mine 1/16 so hopefully I can get all the way to test registration by end of March, but it will be close. :(

Back