Need Help with practice questions to pass HVAC

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EIT4Ever???

Reaction score
I have failed the HVACR test twice. First time, scored a 49. Second time 46. I plan on taking it again, probably in April. Based on my diagnostics, I  i need lots of help with the 2

application sections of the exam. If any one can recommend targeted questions that deals with these sections, it will be much appreciated.

View attachment HVACR.pdf

I think you are very close to passing.  It really is just those applications problems.  Those problems are based on experience with this systems and equipment, but if you don't have experience with designing and/or specifying those systems/equipment, then you can study the ASHRAE books.  Just go through the relevant chapters in the ASHRAE books and that should prepare you to get more problems in that section.  I put together this webpage to outline the relevant chapters for each piece of equipment and system. 

https://www.engproguides.com/hvacreferences.html

@justin-hawaiiJustin, very very very nice list. I’m reading “HVAC Simplified” by Kavanaugh to get a better base. I also started 7 months ago as a mechanical rep and got about six weeks of in-class equipment and systems training from an awesome instructor. To be honest, the ASHRAE books are really difficult for me to sit down and read so I’m betting on the “HVAC Fundamentals” path + huge amounts of practice problems two weeks prior.

Anything in particular you think I should watch out for studying a book from pre-2005? I will still use up-to-date ASHRAE handbooks for reference data and tables. Test in April. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Back