2 teenagers versus rotary phone

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Actually those kids did pretty good for jumping in cold.  What next a video of a 60 year old guy who has never seen an iphone gets handed one and told to call someone? (I'll bet that's already on youtube)

A few years ago we rented a car on a trip and the windows were the kind you roll up and down yourself - my kids thought that was so cool that you could just roll down the window!

A few years ago we rented a car on a trip and the windows were the kind you roll up and down yourself - my kids thought that was so cool that you could just roll down the window!
If you really want to blow their minds, find them a car without power locks that uses a separate key for the trunk!

I kept cracking up watching them "reset" by lifting and replacing the handset.
um...that is how one "resets" a rotary phone.

The State Gubmn't pays extra for crank windows on our vehicles!
really?  I know that pw/pl are typically bundled with option packages but did not realize that you need to pay a premium for deleting them.  Who knew?

I think he meant vs. just pushing the little buttons/tabs down.

Um, no it isn't. Because if you don't have the handset lifted in the first place, you're doing exactly nothing when you move the dial.
That's not what you said. and having experience operating a rotary phone....if there is no dial tone or if you want to redial a number, the way to "reset" it is to push the receiver holders which can be accomplished by lifting the hand set off and replacing it.

Had you clarified by saying "I kept cracking up watching them "reset" by lifting and replacing the handset, when they never lifted it off before they started dialing in the first place." I might have seen the humor.

That's not what you said. and having experience operating a rotary phone....if there is no dial tone or if you want to redial a number, the way to "reset" it is to push the receiver holders which can be accomplished by lifting the hand set off and replacing it.

Had you clarified by saying "I kept cracking up watching them "reset" by lifting and replacing the handset, when they never lifted it off before they started dialing in the first place." I might have seen the humor.
It's exactly what I said and it's exactly in context with the video as well.

Back