Engineer Boards

​ ​ ​
wheresmyresults

December 2018 Test Results

8 minutes ago, wheresmyresults said:

Took the November test for survey and got the results on December 12 at 2:53PM. 

I'll update the first post with the times to make it all compiled, lol. 

did you pass the survey? what materials did you use? 

22 minutes ago, vip-eng said:

did you pass the survey? what materials did you use? 

Yes, luckily. I used Mansour!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, wheresmyresults said:

Yes, luckily. I used Mansour!

Thanks, I took seismic last week and taking the Survey next month 

2 hours ago, vip-eng said:

All the best. I am taking surveying next month. What materials did you for studying? 

I used the Surveying Principles for Civil Engineers by Cuomo. I also bought the CPESR review course about two weeks before the testing date for their online practice exams.  

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, ding said:

I used the Surveying Principles for Civil Engineers by Cuomo. I also bought the CPESR review course about two weeks before the testing date for their online practice exams.  

Thanks!

Oh yeah, I sadly have a number of times lol

May 2018 Results : Tue Jun 12 @ 1:37 PM

June 2018 Results: Thu Jul 12 @ 3:45 PM 

August 2018 Results: Mon Sep 10 @ 9:30 AM

November 2018 Results: Wed Dec 12 @ 3:42 PM

December 2018 Results: ......

All times are Pacific 

Edited by quique07

I think i'm realizing that the time you get your email might actually depend if you pass or fail... 

I think the board sends all fails at one time and all passes at another... 

Just a theory... 

17 minutes ago, quique07 said:

I think i'm realizing that the time you get your email might actually depend if you pass or fail... 

I think the board sends all fails at one time and all passes at another... 

Just a theory... 

Nope, my colleagues got their e-mails at same time last month one passed seismic and the other failed.

Resuls got delayed this month because of the Holiday season.

Edited by vip-eng
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, wheresmyresults said:

Giving up on seeing results today, see ya'll next week!

Monday for sure. 

• Like 1

Yeah last month I didn't get my e-mail till 4 PM and before that it was around 2 PM I believe so late afternoon is possible. 

• Like 1

Results are out now. Unfortunately, I didn't get the result I wanted. Oh well, I'll try again next round. Good luck to all who's been waiting!

I passed seismic but no sign of an email regarding surveying? Especially weird since I took surveying a week before seismic.

Edited by Wensey

17 minutes ago, Wensey said:

I passed seismic but no sign of an email regarding surveying? Especially weird since I took surveying a week before seismic.

They send out two separate e-mails. Usually within the same hour of each other so sit tight. 

Got my results and was only "proficient" in the first category, "marginal" in one, and "deficient" in the rest. I have to say I'm pretty disappointed, as I felt like I had done well this time around. I felt confident in 35-40 of the questions, and due to time basically had to guess on about 10 of the questions. 

@CAPLS is there ANYTHING you're able to tell us about passing percentages, or what constitutes Proficient/Marginal/Deficient for each category? I left the test knowing there was one category I would need to study up on if there was a next time, but seeing that I did THAT badly is a bit of a blow and I'm not sure where I'm even going to start.

8 minutes ago, deltakev said:

Got my results and was only "proficient" in the first category, "marginal" in one, and "deficient" in the rest. I have to say I'm pretty disappointed, as I felt like I had done well this time around. I felt confident in 35-40 of the questions, and due to time basically had to guess on about 10 of the questions. 

@CAPLS is there ANYTHING you're able to tell us about passing percentages, or what constitutes Proficient/Marginal/Deficient for each category? I left the test knowing there was one category I would need to study up on if there was a next time, but seeing that I did THAT badly is a bit of a blow and I'm not sure where I'm even going to start.

This is just one aspect, but I spent a good amount of time drilling for speed. It's such a time-constrained test. I knew which kind of problems would take more than 3 minutes and skipped them as I went, trying to answer as many as possible, then returning to slower problems at the end.

• Like 1

Well that was a stressful hour, but surveying is out too. Passed both! Thank you CPESR and Hiner!

Just got the surveying results and pass. I failed seismic last month. For these two exam, I think practicing is the key!!! 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, ding said:

Just got the surveying results and pass. I failed seismic last month. For these two exam, I think practicing is the key!!! 

Congrats man, roughly how many questions you think you got right? anywhere between 30-35 ? 

12 minutes ago, NeedthatPE said:

Things didn’t go as planned. Hopefully, second time will do the trick. 

what exam?  I am sure you will get it right next time .