Here's some hard (and free) PM WRE problems!

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just saw the problems and am curious to know if there are such lengthy questions in the actual PE exam ( I saw remarks in the solutions that say ‘expect such problems in the exam’). If you’vetaken the exam before, sid you actually encountered those kind of problems in the exam ? One may have the knowledge to solve those problems but completing some of these in 6 minutes sounds difficult. 

The actual problems on the WRE PE exam should take about 3 steps to solve. You should be able to solve each within an average of 5 min. But solving long practice problems is good to expose you to a variety of concepts. Nothing wrong with being over prepared.

Hi, I’m sorry for the late reply.  Yes, these problems are hard — they are designed to be.  When I took the exam I was presented with very easy problems and very hard problems.  If you have a few hard problems in a row, it can throw you off, even if you’re passing by them the first time.  Matt267 is correct, 3 steps and 5 minutes is a good rule of thumb, and being over prepared is frankly a necessity.  My problems are exam-realistic.  Your exam may not be full of these questions, but when you get the hard ones (and you absolutely will), they will resemble my problems.

Back