EIT Verification for PE Application

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robert_Hunter

Reaction score
I passed the PE exam in California this past October and I am putting my application together as the next step. My EIT certification is from a different state and I was wondering if I should have my state send the EIT verification directly to the California Board, to NCEES, or to me directly to include with my application similar to how they treat transcripts?

I passed the PE exam in California this past October and I am putting my application together as the next step. My EIT certification is from a different state and I was wondering if I should have my state send the EIT verification directly to the California Board, to NCEES, or to me directly to include with my application similar to how they treat transcripts?
Most states use the verification process through NCEES which is very efficient.  I believe you can just log into your MyNCEES registration account and request a verification to be sent to the California Board and that's all that you would have to do.  There are a few states that handle it differently or charge a fee to provide the verification.  During the NCEES request, you should be informed of that.

Let me know if this works or if you have any issues.

I'm in NY and I have to mail the NY board a form and a small fee. 

My only concern with sending the verification to NCEES is that in their verification section they state:

"EIT certification/licensure is not verified in this section because it is not a typical required document for licensure with other boards." 

Most states use the verification process through NCEES which is very efficient.  I believe you can just log into your MyNCEES registration account and request a verification to be sent to the California Board and that's all that you would have to do.  There are a few states that handle it differently or charge a fee to provide the verification.  During the NCEES request, you should be informed of that.

Let me know if this works or if you have any issues.
I contacted NCEES and they told me they could only verify Exams and Licenses, so they can't verify EIT certification. So I'm assuming I should just have NY send the verification directly to California?

I'm in NY and I have to mail the NY board a form and a small fee. 

My only concern with sending the verification to NCEES is that in their verification section they state:

"EIT certification/licensure is not verified in this section because it is not a typical required document for licensure with other boards." 
Yes, NY is one of the few boards that has a different process and fee.  While I understand that you may have a concern with that statement, what its really saying is that NCEES is not the entity that confirms or validates the verification, the individual licensing boards have that authority.  There are literally hundreds of verifications processed through the NCEES verification daily.  Once you submit your application to the California Board, if you are still having issues with this, send me a private message and I will help you out.

I contacted NCEES and they told me they could only verify Exams and Licenses, so they can't verify EIT certification. So I'm assuming I should just have NY send the verification directly to California?
Yes, that is probably true due to two reasons.  First, not all states issue an EIT or Engineer Intern (Licensing data is much more consistent).  Second, and due to the first reason, the NCEES verification only really accommodates exam verification (primary purpose) and licenses as reported by the boards.

Back