PE Exam time

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roy167

Passed PE
Reaction score
As you know PE exam has morning session and afternoon session, 4 hours each and in between you get 1 hour break.

If you finish early on the morning exam, does the remaining time gets added to the afternoon session? For e.g. let's say you finished your morning test in 3 hours. Do you get 5 hours for the afternoon test or no matter what, 4 hours is the maximum time you get for each half session.

No it doesn't get added to the afternoon session. If you finish early on the morning session you can use the remaining available time to check and recheck your answers.

4 hours max for each session. And proctors are very strict about pencils being down when they call time, otherwise your results could get invalidated.

You certainly have people who finish early during each session, but I was not that person...I used up every minute! :)

When I took the FE exam at one of the Pearson facility , it was a small desk with desktop.  For PE exam, people take quite a few references, I am sure they are aware of this and give you a more desk space? 

Also, since it is paper and pencil exam, you can write on your test? Correct? 

i would not count on more than a 2'x4' table. typically i have seen 2'x8' tables with 2 people per table. if you know your test location you can do a search in the forums and people may have detailed the typical conditions. 

yes you can write in your exam booklet

Last edited by a moderator:
Back