Personal Binder

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roy167

Passed PE
Reaction score
Hey guys, 

I know Graffeo and EngProguide have devoted a section just for the formulas and it contains many formulas and key equations and concepts such as equivalent diagrams etc.  I am thinking it may be more helpful if you compile your own binder in your own way so you will be able to find information rather quickly instead of even going to Graffeo and proguide notes. Graffeo and proguide are concise notes compare to voluminous books, even then you can get lost. You keep these notes and books as a backup in case you can't find that in your binder. What is your take on this? 

Hey guys, 

I know Graffeo and EngProguide have devoted a section just for the formulas and it contains many formulas and key equations and concepts such as equivalent diagrams etc.  I am thinking it may be more helpful if you compile your own binder in your own way so you will be able to find information rather quickly instead of even going to Graffeo and proguide notes. Graffeo and proguide are concise notes compare to voluminous books, even then you can get lost. You keep these notes and books as a backup in case you can't find that in your binder. What is your take on this? 
I think you should definitely create your own binder and cheat sheets.  I have shared my cheat sheets as a starting point.  It is in Word format, so you can edit it as you see fit. 

http://engproguides.com/free-pe-cheat-sheets.html

Justin, 

Thanks

Which one to use?  There are several cheat sheets with the same title. Is there a version number so you use the latest? 

it may be more helpful if you compile your own binder in your own way so you will be able to find information rather quickly
This 100%. Aside from being able to find information quicker, it forces you to think about arranging the sections, and makes you write out your own notes. I had a ton of references with me, but most of my time was spent looking through my own binder for things. Often those things were scans from references, or worked problems from references, but as I said, I arranged them myself in a binder, which is why I knew where they were and how to find them quickly. I elaborate more here in my study method writeup. Step 2 is literally ''build your binder''!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back