NORTH CAROLINA - RESULTS

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NCcarguy

Reaction score
I just checked the directory, it looks like NC has been updated!

Last edited by a moderator:
I just typed my name into the directory and it came back with with my name listed as a PE along with my new PE number.

:reading:

I just talked with the NC Board and was told that NC results will be mailed at the end of this week.

So now.....was the "PE" portion of "pehorn" a premonition, or were you just being that cocky?

CONGRATS!!!

I just typed my name into the directory and it came back with with my name listed as a PE along with my new PE number. :multiplespotting:
Congrats pehorn !!! :multiplespotting: :multiplespotting:

It has been a long time coming, but all the more sweet! :beerchug: :multiplespotting:

JR

So now.....was the "PE" portion of "pehorn" a premonition, or were you just being that cocky?
CONGRATS!!!
NCcarguy,

The PE from pehorn is kind of a Jimmy V never give up thing. I passed it on my fourth try. Civil/WR PM. Thanks JR for all the support and kind words of encouragement over the years. I am not gloating in success. I am remembering the struggle. I would like to thank my friends, family and co-workers for putting up with me during the process that took a good chunk of my life. I feel more relieved than proud at the moment.

Yeah, I called NC too, and they said later this week. But, I checked the website a few times yesterday, and they updated it yesterday afternoon.

And...my name is there with a license number. I finally did it, guess the prep class, and all the info from Engineer Boards helped.

NCcarguy,
The PE from pehorn is kind of a Jimmy V never give up thing. I passed it on my fourth try. Civil/WR PM. Thanks JR for all the support and kind words of encouragement over the years. I am not gloating in success. I am remembering the struggle. I would like to thank my friends, family and co-workers for putting up with me during the process that took a good chunk of my life. I feel more relieved than proud at the moment.

4th try!!! Well now THAT sounds encouraging!!!! I'll be taking my 4th exam in Oct, between you and DVinny, I'm feeling much better about my chances!!!!

I do have a question though......how do you have 5 pencils?????

I can only imagine the feeling of relief....it's GOT TO BE GREAT!!! Congrats again! :party-smiley-048:

Last edited by a moderator:
4th try!!! Well now THAT sounds encouraging!!!! I'll be taking my 4th exam in Oct, between you and DVinny, I'm feeling much better about my chances!!!!
I do have a question though......how do you have 5 pencils?????

I can only imagine the feeling of relief....it's GOT TO BE GREAT!!! Congrats again! :party-smiley-048:
NCcarguy

4 must be the magic number, I passed on my 4th attempt. I must say that I believe being much more organized than previous exams is what put me over the top. I had binders for each subject that made for quick references. Good luck, never give up!

Yeah, I called NC too, and they said later this week. But, I checked the website a few times yesterday, and they updated it yesterday afternoon.
And...my name is there with a license number. I finally did it, guess the prep class, and all the info from Engineer Boards helped.

That's GOT to be a great feeling.......!!!! I get pretty excited just reading the excitement on these posts. CONGRATS!!! :party-smiley-048:

I did more prep for my 4th one than all of the first 3 put together. I did less than 20 hours for each of the first two, basically took them cold (like an idiot), and I really tried for the third and came up just short. I cranked it up a notch for the 4th, and organized my binders, and organized my prep. I started with WR subjects first, then went over my Transpo stuff last. Recapped a little the week going into the exam, and that worked. Had about 200 hours in the 4th try.

That's GOT to be a great feeling.......!!!! I get pretty excited just reading the excitement on these posts. CONGRATS!!! :party-smiley-048:

yeah, a burden lifted off my shoulders. I didnt want to take it again. I did really well in the morning portion, but was worried about the afternoon machine design as they threw some curveballs in there. Good luck to you, you will get it this time.

Congrats to all the North Carolina PE's!!!!! I passed on the second time and it sure was a feeling of accomplishment and relief! Celebrate and go ask the boss for a raise. :th_rockon:

Congrats to all the North Carolina PE's!!!!! I passed on the second time and it sure was a feeling of accomplishment and relief! Celebrate and go ask the boss for a raise. :th_rockon:
Big question is how much do you ask for? I was considered a CADD/Eng Tech a couple of years ago in our home office(SC did not like my CET degree). I switched to the smaller NC office where I did meet requirements and passed on the first try. Now I am just wondering how do I calculate my value to the company. Up to last week, we only had one PE and 3 designers in the office.

Any help would be great.

PS - wish I had found this board sooner but better late than never.

I only had a AAS in CET too. I had 20 years experience and had pre arranged a percentage before I was hired for the position at 70K. My hope was, it would give me incentive to pass the thing. I had only 5% as a number which is too low. I'm not sure I'd base it on percentage anyway maybe look for salaries that are comparable to your experience and go for that. :2cents:

Well, I am still waiting. :smileyballs:

Either my boss really likes dragging his feet or they don't think it warrants an increase. Think I might go ahead and order my own seal without the company COA just in case.

Big question is how much do you ask for?
PS - wish I had found this board sooner but better late than never.
I'll offer my 2 cents. If you work for a small consulting firm, and it sounds like maybe you do, you might not get much increase in salary for passing the exam. It depends on how much work is coming in and how it can be billed. If you're doing the same work you've always done, it may not bring any additional income to the company. I think it depends more on how valuable an employee you are. That includes project management, supervising, etc. The way to make the best money also has the highest risk--start your own company. But if you want to keep a job in your current firm, figure out what you can offer for an increase in salary. You can offer to seal designs, but there is already a PE to do that. If you can offer to take more responsibility or manage some of the projects, etc, that would be a good negotiating point.

Back