NEW YORK - RESULTS April 2007

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Techie_Junkie_PE_LEED_AP

PE, LEED AP, Ponderer of the abstract
Reaction score
NY uses Castle Worldwide. I'm not sure if any other States do, but NY seems to always be near the later dates.

I called Castle last week and they said they hadn't received notice of getting results back yet. When they do, Castle mails the results to the test-ees. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
NY uses Castle Worldwide. I'm not sure if any other States do, but NY seems to always be near the later dates.
I called Castle last week and they said they hadn't received notice of getting results back yet. When they do, Castle mails the results to the test-ees. :)
yea, NY is one of the last.

you used to be able to check the state's website a few days before, but i heard that they did away with updating the site before the letters were mailed out.

http://www.op.nysed.gov/opsearches.htm

And to think I always pegged VA to be the slowest. Oh well, feels a little better that we are not alone.

:)

yea, NY is one of the last.you used to be able to check the state's website a few days before, but i heard that they did away with updating the site before the letters were mailed out.

http://www.op.nysed.gov/opsearches.htm
I've been checking the license numbers on line, and have not seen any updates in many days. The last license updates were obviously reciprocity. I hope you are wrong about updating the site, because that would mean we will have to wait until at least July 1 week. :) (temper tantrum)

It's a freaking scantron!!! :reading: I've taken tests where I had the results the next day. But whatever...No point in b*tching (anymore)... as long as NY isn't the last state, I'll feel a little better. I hope we all get good news in the next couple of weeks.

I can't understand why NY is the last. Everything is a pain in the a** in this state! :beerchug:

I can't understand why NY is the last. Everything is a pain in the a** in this state! :15:
:deadhorse: :brickwall: :Locolaugh: :Locolaugh: :Locolaugh: :Locolaugh: :brickwall: :deadhorse:

NEW YORK IS THE PITS!! Give me a break. I'm never going to get any real work done until those results are in!

Should have taken the test in NJ. Less frustration and could get the results a week earlier....Not to mention saving $35 on parking for the test (I don't know about the other candidates but I am not leaving my car on the street in Brooklyn on a weekend day for 8 hrs...)

Last edited:
IMHO, those Castle people should stick to those itsy-bitsy hamburgers instead of trying to adminster and deliver PE exam grades.

:15:

JR

Should have taken the test in NJ. Less frustration and could get the results a week earlier....Not to mention saving $35 on parking for the test (I don't know about the other candidates but I am not leaving my car on the street in Brooklyn on a weekend day for 8 hrs...)
I took the Long Island Rail Road to Flatbush Avenue Station, walk to Pratt (about a mile). This is very do-able if the weather is nice. Having taken the exam a few times, I was smart and brought only reference material that I knew I would need, so I wasn't pulling a huge load.

It was nice to snooze on the way in, and snooze on the way out.

I also took the test in Brooklyn, and I agree with you 100%. But since I was so nervous about the test I woke up at 4 a.m. (left from Westchester County) and got to Pratt at 5:00 a.m. There was plenty of parking right in front on the campus, if I had to park over 2 blocks away I would of went with the $35 payment. Hopefully this will be the last time we have to worry about parking at Pratt. Unless we go and pick on a few architects :party-smiley-048:

I took the Long Island Rail Road to Flatbush Avenue Station, walk to Pratt (about a mile). This is very do-able if the weather is nice. Having taken the exam a few times, I was smart and brought only reference material that I knew I would need, so I wasn't pulling a huge load.
It was nice to snooze on the way in, and snooze on the way out.
I live in S. Jersey and I had to drive....By the time I got there there was no parking in front of the building except for the street....

If you are coming from Long Island or somewhere in NYC area it is a good idea to take the subway NOT from Jersey....

Anyway the nightmare is almost over (hopefully)....

I emailed the NY office of professions and got this response:

"The test administrator, Castle Worldwide, Inc sends out the results. They should be going out on Friday, June 22nd to all candidates."

Office of the Professions

Pre-Licensure Processing Unit 1

Hopefully this week will have a happy ending

One of the guys from the office called CASTLE today and supposedly they told them that the results will be mailed in mid July (I doubt it..).

CASTLE is just not working....

I emailed the NY office of professions and got this response:
"The test administrator, Castle Worldwide, Inc sends out the results. They should be going out on Friday, June 22nd to all candidates."

Office of the Professions

Pre-Licensure Processing Unit 1

Hopefully this week will have a happy ending
Great! I am going away the 23rd through the 27th. I guess Mrs. Huff next door (the old lady who will hold my mail) is going to find out before me. Now my vacation is going to be like the last week at work - useless. bump

One of the guys from the office called CASTLE today and supposedly they told them that the results will be mailed in mid July (I doubt it..). CASTLE is just not working....
I actually call NYS Education Dept a few weeks ago and they told me mid July. I am pretty sure that was a "canned" answer, because the results are always in by July 4th weekend. (yeah, I've been at the EIT/PE thing for a while now)! I'll bet they do go out at least by sometime next week.

:) This wait is killing me. I know I'm stupid for doing it... but my summer vacation plans revolve around the results.

PEPG - I've also heard that the week of July 4th is the normal result time.... I hope it's no longer than that.

Last edited:
:) This wait is killing me. I know I'm stupid for doing it... but my summer vacation plans revolve around the results.
PEPG - I've also heard that the week of July 4th is the normal result time.... I hope it's no longer than that.
Boom - same here.... my wife and I are taking my son away this coming weekend and I have a weekend of golf in PA the following weekend. Naturally when my wife told me she booked the weekend (and that golf was going to be the following weekend) I was both happy and pissed... I just want to get my results (NJ) and not let an envelope sit there for a few days.

-Ray

Back