NEW YORK - RESULTS April 2007 - APR 2007 - Engineer Boards
Engineer Boards
Sign in to follow this  
Techie_Junkie_PE_LEED_AP

NEW YORK - RESULTS April 2007

NY uses Castle Worldwide. I'm not sure if any other States do, but NY seems to always be near the later dates.

I called Castle last week and they said they hadn't received notice of getting results back yet. When they do, Castle mails the results to the test-ees. :)

NY uses Castle Worldwide. I'm not sure if any other States do, but NY seems to always be near the later dates.

I called Castle last week and they said they hadn't received notice of getting results back yet. When they do, Castle mails the results to the test-ees. :)

yea, NY is one of the last.

you used to be able to check the state's website a few days before, but i heard that they did away with updating the site before the letters were mailed out.

http://www.op.nysed.gov/opsearches.htm

Guest VA_Env_Engr

And to think I always pegged VA to be the slowest. Oh well, feels a little better that we are not alone.

:)

yea, NY is one of the last.

you used to be able to check the state's website a few days before, but i heard that they did away with updating the site before the letters were mailed out.

http://www.op.nysed.gov/opsearches.htm

I've been checking the license numbers on line, and have not seen any updates in many days. The last license updates were obviously reciprocity. I hope you are wrong about updating the site, because that would mean we will have to wait until at least July 1 week. :) (temper tantrum)

Guest Boom

It's a freaking scantron!!! :reading: I've taken tests where I had the results the next day. But whatever...No point in b*tching (anymore)... as long as NY isn't the last state, I'll feel a little better. I hope we all get good news in the next couple of weeks.

Guest achristie

I can't understand why NY is the last. Everything is a pain in the a** in this state! :beerchug:

I can't understand why NY is the last. Everything is a pain in the a** in this state! :15:

:deadhorse::brickwall::Locolaugh::Locolaugh::Locolaugh::Locolaugh::brickwall::deadhorse:

NEW YORK IS THE PITS!! Give me a break. I'm never going to get any real work done until those results are in!

Guest achristie

Should have taken the test in NJ. Less frustration and could get the results a week earlier....Not to mention saving $35 on parking for the test (I don't know about the other candidates but I am not leaving my car on the street in Brooklyn on a weekend day for 8 hrs...)

Edited by achristie

IMHO, those Castle people should stick to those itsy-bitsy hamburgers instead of trying to adminster and deliver PE exam grades.

:15:

JR

Guest achristie

Edited by achristie

Should have taken the test in NJ. Less frustration and could get the results a week earlier....Not to mention saving $35 on parking for the test (I don't know about the other candidates but I am not leaving my car on the street in Brooklyn on a weekend day for 8 hrs...)

I took the Long Island Rail Road to Flatbush Avenue Station, walk to Pratt (about a mile). This is very do-able if the weather is nice. Having taken the exam a few times, I was smart and brought only reference material that I knew I would need, so I wasn't pulling a huge load.

It was nice to snooze on the way in, and snooze on the way out.

Guest Boom

I also took the test in Brooklyn, and I agree with you 100%. But since I was so nervous about the test I woke up at 4 a.m. (left from Westchester County) and got to Pratt at 5:00 a.m. There was plenty of parking right in front on the campus, if I had to park over 2 blocks away I would of went with the $35 payment. Hopefully this will be the last time we have to worry about parking at Pratt. Unless we go and pick on a few architects :party-smiley-048:

Guest achristie
I took the Long Island Rail Road to Flatbush Avenue Station, walk to Pratt (about a mile). This is very do-able if the weather is nice. Having taken the exam a few times, I was smart and brought only reference material that I knew I would need, so I wasn't pulling a huge load.

It was nice to snooze on the way in, and snooze on the way out.

I live in S. Jersey and I had to drive....By the time I got there there was no parking in front of the building except for the street....

If you are coming from Long Island or somewhere in NYC area it is a good idea to take the subway NOT from Jersey....

Anyway the nightmare is almost over (hopefully)....

Guest smanessis

I emailed the NY office of professions and got this response:

"The test administrator, Castle Worldwide, Inc sends out the results. They should be going out on Friday, June 22nd to all candidates."

Office of the Professions

Pre-Licensure Processing Unit 1

Hopefully this week will have a happy ending

uh, I'm always on the look-out for that.

Guest achristie

One of the guys from the office called CASTLE today and supposedly they told them that the results will be mailed in mid July (I doubt it..).

CASTLE is just not working....

I emailed the NY office of professions and got this response:

"The test administrator, Castle Worldwide, Inc sends out the results. They should be going out on Friday, June 22nd to all candidates."

Office of the Professions

Pre-Licensure Processing Unit 1

Great! I am going away the 23rd through the 27th. I guess Mrs. Huff next door (the old lady who will hold my mail) is going to find out before me. Now my vacation is going to be like the last week at work - useless. bump

One of the guys from the office called CASTLE today and supposedly they told them that the results will be mailed in mid July (I doubt it..).

CASTLE is just not working....

I actually call NYS Education Dept a few weeks ago and they told me mid July. I am pretty sure that was a "canned" answer, because the results are always in by July 4th weekend. (yeah, I've been at the EIT/PE thing for a while now)! I'll bet they do go out at least by sometime next week.

Guest Boom

:) This wait is killing me. I know I'm stupid for doing it... but my summer vacation plans revolve around the results.

PEPG - I've also heard that the week of July 4th is the normal result time.... I hope it's no longer than that.

Edited by Boom

:) This wait is killing me. I know I'm stupid for doing it... but my summer vacation plans revolve around the results.

PEPG - I've also heard that the week of July 4th is the normal result time.... I hope it's no longer than that.

Boom - same here.... my wife and I are taking my son away this coming weekend and I have a weekend of golf in PA the following weekend. Naturally when my wife told me she booked the weekend (and that golf was going to be the following weekend) I was both happy and pissed... I just want to get my results (NJ) and not let an envelope sit there for a few days.

-Ray

Great! I am going away the 23rd through the 27th. I guess Mrs. Huff next door (the old lady who will hold my mail) is going to find out before me. Now my vacation is going to be like the last week at work - useless. ]

last years results started showing up around the 28/29th of june so i'm guessing that they won't arrive till you get back.

enjoy the vacation. Whatever the results are,they are, they can't be changed now.

Guest Boom
Boom - same here.... my wife and I are taking my son away this coming weekend and I have a weekend of golf in PA the following weekend. Naturally when my wife told me she booked the weekend (and that golf was going to be the following weekend) I was both happy and pissed... I just want to get my results (NJ) and not let an envelope sit there for a few days.

-Ray

Ray... I hope you and your family have a great time. Golf... I'm not even sure a few birdies will make you feel any better about the envelope sitting there.... well maybe a few birdies and an eagle. :party-smiley-048: My vacation is actually going to see my entire family in Greece... so as the results delay... the ticket price goes up. :) But the price will be well worth it. For the past month everytime I call them, the conversation usually goes like this....

me: hi

them: did you pass

me:arrrrrrgh, still waiting

Good Luck with Golf and especially with your results!!!

Guest achristie

Was the exam 1 week earlier this year?

Was the exam 1 week earlier this year?

No. I think the 20 is actually a late date. Many times the exam is around the 16 or so.

Hang in there NJ examinees !!!! whacky090.gif

Remember, once you get past the exam administrator whacky084.gif and then

the state licensing board 11.gif

you will be home free !!!! :waitwall: :p10940623:

JR

Sign in to follow this