CA License Watch Oct. 2018

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

engrTunis88

Reaction score
I took all 3 parts of the Civil PE on Oct. 17', passed the 2 State exams, didn't pass the national 8 hr exam.  I couldn't take the 8 hr exam on April 18' and I was finally able to this Oct. 18' and found out I passed on 12/6 at 5:18am PST lol.  Anyhow, i submitted the notification of results form to the CA Board and I have yet to receive a license number?  How long does this process take? 

I submitted my application and it was received on November 16 (passed in April but took me a while to gather references). I still have not heard via email that they received the application, but the check was cashed 2 weeks ago. It can take 1-2 months before they email you that its in technical review. Be patient and email at 60+ days if you have not heard anything. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Lol, you guys misunderstood my post, I submitted my technical application to the Board roughly two years ago or so and I was able to take all 3 parts of the Civil PE exam at once before they switched the system around requiring the passing of the 8 hr first before attempting the two State exams and such.  My question is that I finally passed the 8 hr on 12/6 which is the last part that I needed to pass to attain licensure, how long does the Board take to upload my new license # to the online license lookup?

Lol, you guys misunderstood my post, I submitted my technical application to the Board roughly two years ago or so and I was able to take all 3 parts of the Civil PE exam at once before they switched the system around requiring the passing of the 8 hr first before attempting the two State exams and such.  My question is that I finally passed the 8 hr on 12/6 which is the last part that I needed to pass to attain licensure, how long does the Board take to upload my new license # to the online license lookup?
Hello there... if you already submitted your notice of successful examintion, BPELSG updates the new license numbers toward the end of the month so I'd keep checking over the next 2 weeks. I was in the same position as you and it only took them 2 weeks or so to publish my license number.

Congratulations on passing the exam !

Hello there... if you already submitted your notice of successful examintion, BPELSG updates the new license numbers toward the end of the month so I'd keep checking over the next 2 weeks. I was in the same position as you and it only took them 2 weeks or so to publish my license number.

Congratulations on passing the exam !
Thank you! a huge relief.......and yes, I submitted the notice of successful examination to BPELSG the same day I found out that I passed the 8 hr.  Tomorrow will be the 2 week mark and I have yet to see my name uploaded into the online license lookup.  I've been checking daily haha.  I guess it should be uploaded soon, fingers crossed.

Thank you! a huge relief.......and yes, I submitted the notice of successful examination to BPELSG the same day I found out that I passed the 8 hr.  Tomorrow will be the 2 week mark and I have yet to see my name uploaded into the online license lookup.  I've been checking daily haha.  I guess it should be uploaded soon, fingers crossed.
I think the last dates number were added on December 7th which was just 24 hours after your results. I believe they may run another batch before christmas but if not definitely after the new year. Hopefully time isn't of the essence since it will just be a few more weeks. 

I think the last dates number were added on December 7th which was just 24 hours after your results. I believe they may run another batch before christmas but if not definitely after the new year. Hopefully time isn't of the essence since it will just be a few more weeks. 
Thank you for the info........I really hope I don't have to wait another couple of weeks ugh!  I guess it's just a waiting game at this point.  Also, correct me if i'm wrong, next step is that I recieve an email from BPELSG with a congratulatory letter attached containing my license #?  And then my actual license card and certificate will follow in the mail several weeks after the email?

Thank you for the info........I really hope I don't have to wait another couple of weeks ugh!  I guess it's just a waiting game at this point.  Also, correct me if i'm wrong, next step is that I recieve an email from BPELSG with a congratulatory letter attached containing my license #?  And then my actual license card and certificate will follow in the mail several weeks after the email?
BPELSG issues license numbers on the 1st and 3rd friday of every month. You should receive a confirmation from your evaluator (based on first letter of last name) stating that the notification has been received and processed, and that if ALL other requirements are met your license number will be issued. Usually on the following 1st or 3rd Friday of the month after the date in which you received that email. 

You will then receive your cert and paper pocket license in approx 6-8 weeks followed by a plastic pocket ID in approx 12 weeks.

NOTE: Do NOT forget to pay for your renewal fee before the expiration date. IIRC the date is 3/31/19. You only get a few months after your license is first issued to pay the fee.

BPELSG issues license numbers on the 1st and 3rd friday of every month. You should receive a confirmation from your evaluator (based on first letter of last name) stating that the notification has been received and processed, and that if ALL other requirements are met your license number will be issued. Usually on the following 1st or 3rd Friday of the month after the date in which you received that email. 

You will then receive your cert and paper pocket license in approx 6-8 weeks followed by a plastic pocket ID in approx 12 weeks.

NOTE: Do NOT forget to pay for your renewal fee before the expiration date. IIRC the date is 3/31/19. You only get a few months after your license is first issued to pay the fee.
I'm loving all this info, helping me pass my time while I wait for my license.  Since I found out that I passed the 8 hr exam on thrs. 12/6 at 5:18am, I submitted via email the notification of successful examination about a couple hrs after that on the same date.  The first Friday of this month was the next day, 12/7 which passed and so hopefully according to what you said above, the 3rd Friday of this month will be in a couple more days, 12/21 and i'll officially have my license number.  I am certain that all other requirements have been met on my end although I still have not received a confirmation from my evaluator yet since the email I submitted to them on 12/6.  Hoping it all happens soon, I need my PE reimbursements from work and they require some form of proof from the State Board that I passed, a letter or email stating I have will suffice until I recieve my cert and paper pocket license.

Hoping it all happens soon, I need my PE reimbursements from work and they require some form of proof from the State Board that I passed, a letter or email stating I have will suffice until I recieve my cert and paper pocket license.
Ahhh yes. My work was actually okay with me just letting them know I passed my last CA test since my application has been approved and I was able to even sit for the tests that means I have already met all their requirements other than the two CA tests. They e-mailed me letting me know now that my reimbursement has been approved. 

Chino, I have not received any notification from the Board. Application was received 40 days ago (11/16) and the check was cashed early December. I will update the forum when i receive confirmation of application. 

I just called BPELSG and recieved a response from my evaluator stating that my license will be uploaded on 1/11/19.  Even though I sent them the notice of successful examination on 12/6/18.  Don't understand why it's taking so long to give me my **** license number ugh!

Hi, I am a metallurgical engineer who is also watching for a response from the state on my application. My application was received on 12/18/18 and the application fee cashed on the 24th. Based on the 60 day rule, I might be waiting until February!

LCNoyes, just as reference: I submitted my app for License (passed Mechanical) on 11/16/18 (check was cashed on 11/29/19). I have not heard anything yet either. I know CAPLS said they are working on Civil applications to take the surveying and seismic exams for 1st quarter taken exam, so maybe they are focusing on that first. I have heard that people often get approval email around the same day that they get the technical review email. I will update you if i hear anything by 1/16/19 (60 day mark).

LCNoyes, just as reference: I submitted my app for License (passed Mechanical) on 11/16/18 (check was cashed on 11/29/19). I have not heard anything yet either. I know CAPLS said they are working on Civil applications to take the surveying and seismic exams for 1st quarter taken exam, so maybe they are focusing on that first. I have heard that people often get approval email around the same day that they get the technical review email. I will update you if i hear anything by 1/16/19 (60 day mark).
I appreciate it, I had figure that having a title act as opposed to practice or authority likely put me at the end of the priority line.

chino said:
Right there with you guys, no response yet.  I called the Board last week and all they could say is that they will send out an email once they've reviewed my application. 

I will keep you guys posted when I hear anything as well!
I was hoping some licenses would get uploaded today. It is usually on Fridays and usually 1st and 3rd of every month. But alas, nothing today. Best to just assume it will take the full 60 days and reach out. I was hoping to get my license before moving forward with interview for a new job. Chino, did you already hit 60 days when you called the board?

I did get an email today that my application is in technical review.

Just to update:

My application hit 61 days of receipt today (delivered on 11/16/18). My check had been cashed on 11/29 and I received the technical review email on 1/7/19. I called today and was informed that it went from review to engineering review and to follow up by the end of the month if I have not heard by then. Was really hoping for license this Friday, but at least I know status! 

Just to update:

My application hit 61 days of receipt today (delivered on 11/16/18). My check had been cashed on 11/29 and I received the technical review email on 1/7/19. I called today and was informed that it went from review to engineering review and to follow up by the end of the month if I have not heard by then. Was really hoping for license this Friday, but at least I know status! 
Spoke too soon. Got email approval this morning. Woooo!

Back