Possible to learn score?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ketanco

Reaction score
I took the PE exam in Oct 2013 and passed. They had only told us pass or fail, but they did not tell us how many correct and incorrect answers.. But I know I did very good in the exam.  Is it possible to learn this score? It would be good to know... If so from where? NCEES or the state board?

sorry i dont think i follow you....

is there a way you can check it online?

I took the PE exam in Oct 2013 and passed. They had only told us pass or fail, but they did not tell us how many correct and incorrect answers.. But I know I did very good in the exam.  Is it possible to learn this score? It would be good to know... If so from where? NCEES or the state board?
I understand that the scores are provided to the State Boards, however most will not share them with the applicants. 

I know that's the case for New York, since after I passed and it was taking soooo long to get my license issued, I gave them a call and they confirmed they got my scores for both the FE and the PE.  However, when I asked if they could share those numbers with me, they informed me it was against their policy to do that.

Maybe if you can befriend someone at NCEES or your State board you can find out.

NCEES and the States won't tell you your score if you passed. It's against policies, regulations, laws, etc. Texas gives out a scaled score, but no one outside of the Texas board knows how it gets scaled.

In the scheme of things it doesn't matter. You get the same two letters after your name whether you got the cut score or a perfect score.

Back