Louisiana State PE Exam Approval April 2019

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Phenomenon083

MECHANICAL & ELECTRICAL PE
Reaction score
Has anyone got approved for the April 2019 for Louisiana state (LAPELS)? I have been calling them for the application updates, they are saying my application is on queue and they will let me know when they are done processing it. I wonder when? I sent all my documents to board way before the deadline. I am preparing for the April 2019 exam, spent a lot of money to buy all the books what if they decide not to let me take the April 2019 exam. Just another tension.

May want to check me on this, but I believe Louisiana decoupled the exam from the experience requirement a few years back. When I was living there, I worked with new grads who had taken the PE exam but were waiting on their experience to complete the licensing process. Texas also has done this, and one of my guys took and passed the PE exam in April, prior to having the 4 years needed to obtained his license. If Louisiana is the same, you should be able to take the exam in April.

All my documents and records should be fine. I just wonder when they would notify me April 2019 PE exam approval. We are already in the second week of December. 

That's what I'm saying. I'd register for the exam regardless of if you got the "approval" notice from LAPELS. If the exam is decoupled from experience, then you don't need LAPELS approval for the exam. It's run through NCEES.

Is this your first time taking it?

I'm in Louisiana and with the October exam they got back to me after about 4 weeks. I think with the holidays they are just behind right now.

That's what I'm saying. I'd register for the exam regardless of if you got the "approval" notice from LAPELS. If the exam is decoupled from experience, then you don't need LAPELS approval for the exam. It's run through NCEES.
They have specific instruction do not register at NCEES without board approval. Even when I talked with them on phone they said the same thing. 

Back