CA Seismic/Surveying application. Help please?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Orca2552_PE

Reaction score
Hello,

My case is a little unique and I'm seeking any help/advice available. 

So I submitted my application to the CA board in November 2017. This was right around the time when the rules regarding passing the national exam before submitting an application to the board were changing. Since I had my application ready then, an official at the board told me to go ahead and mail it out to them, and to then notify them that I've passed my national exam whenever I do.

This is what my timeline looks like:

11/07/17 - Application mailed to CA Board
11/24/17 - Checks cashed by CA Board
12/12/2017 - Application referred to technical review
02/01/2018 - Application Approved (Couldn't schedule the state specific tests because I hadn't passed the national exam then)
04/13/2018 - P.E. National Exam (Unsuccessful Attempt)
10/26/2018 - P.E. National Exam
12/07/2018 - Passed national exam
12/07/2018 - Emailed "Notice of Successful National Exam Form" to the board.

Does anyone know when the board might get back to me?
Will I able to take these tests in the Jan-March quarter, or will I be made to wait until the April-June quarter to schedule them?
Is there anything else that I could/need to possibly do? They're not answering my calls. 

Thanks guys! Any help is much appreciated. 

Hello,

My case is a little unique and I'm seeking any help/advice available. 

So I submitted my application to the CA board in November 2017. This was right around the time when the rules regarding passing the national exam before submitting an application to the board were changing. Since I had my application ready then, an official at the board told me to go ahead and mail it out to them, and to then notify them that I've passed my national exam whenever I do.

This is what my timeline looks like:

11/07/17 - Application mailed to CA Board
11/24/17 - Checks cashed by CA Board
12/12/2017 - Application referred to technical review
02/01/2018 - Application Approved (Couldn't schedule the state specific tests because I hadn't passed the national exam then)
04/13/2018 - P.E. National Exam (Unsuccessful Attempt)
10/26/2018 - P.E. National Exam
12/07/2018 - Passed national exam
12/07/2018 - Emailed "Notice of Successful National Exam Form" to the board.

Does anyone know when the board might get back to me?
Will I able to take these tests in the Jan-March quarter, or will I be made to wait until the April-June quarter to schedule them?
Is there anything else that I could/need to possibly do? They're not answering my calls. 

Thanks guys! Any help is much appreciated. 
Please send me a private message with contact info and I'll check on status for you.

I've already followed up with structural2552 but this situation may be one that the California Board emails ended up in a spam folder or filtering, which could result in someone not realizing that they've missed the scheduling notices.  Suggest checking these first if you haven't received anything

I mailed my re-examination form 2 months ago, and I am still waiting I hope I hear from the board soon so I can register for the exam ASAP

Back