Engineer Boards

​ ​ ​
 photo CHPE_AnimatedWebBanner_650x1202_zps5704d467.gif
rgeotech

Texas PE- Post PE Exam

I passed the Texas PE but my name doesn't show up in the search... and I submitted all my paperwork prior to taking the exam. 

Edited by rgeotech

Did your application get approved?  You should have gotten a notice from them...

Yeah, I was approved for the test and all my requirements were green. In the next steps, after passing the PE exam, it says that your PE number will be emailed to you in the "next few days". Just wondering if anyone else has received it. 

From what I can tell, many people (258) who passed the exam and had their applications were approved are already listed on the PE roster for 12/6/2018.  Historically, the TBPE assigns numbers the same time they release the results.  So, maybe I would give them a call or send them a message regarding your application...Good luck!

http://engineers.texas.gov/downloads.htm#roster

Edited by envirotex
Added roster link...

Yep, I received an email Friday morning with my license number and the paperwork I need to submit with the stamp.

I am trying to complete my application . And right now I am trying to get PE references for me. I am an electrical engineer who wrote the Power exam. Can my PE Reference be a Civil Engineer with PE in Civil?

3 hours ago, Invisible said:

I am trying to complete my application . And right now I am trying to get PE references for me. I am an electrical engineer who wrote the Power exam. Can my PE Reference be a Civil Engineer with PE in Civil?

Yes. I had a civil P.E. reference review and sign my SER without any issues. Of course it’s up to that person to sign off for you. 

13 hours ago, Mech_Engineer said:

Got my certificate in the mail today. 

Looking forward to get it. I hope they don’t bend my certificate. 

• Like 1

On 12/14/2018 at 8:52 PM, Mech_Engineer said:

Yes. I had a civil P.E. reference review and sign my SER without any issues. Of course it’s up to that person to sign off for you. 

Thank you. I have submitted my application today.

On 12/10/2018 at 1:00 PM, txjennah PE said:

Yep, I received an email Friday morning with my license number and the paperwork I need to submit with the stamp.

Hi! I'm late and haven't logged in for a while but I specifically logged in to see if you passed. I was pulling for you! Congratulations! :)

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, civilrobot said:

Hi! I'm late and haven't logged in for a while but I specifically logged in to see if you passed. I was pulling for you! Congratulations! :)

Ah that's so sweet, thank you so much! :) I love the camaraderie in this community.

• Like 1

Submitted my online application a few days ago, but today I mailed off my SER and 3 recommendations.

So far I have been worried:

• That I forgot to include everything, even though I included it all.
  • That I've transposed numbers in the address and it's not going to make it there.
  • That the adhesive on the envelope will pop open and all the contents will spill out in transit.
  • That UPS will lose the whole dang thing.

Am I missing anything?

• fudgey 1

It's finally official, waited 40 days to have my Texas PE license # released today... what a rewarding  journey!

5 minutes ago, Fissy said:

It's finally official, waited 40 days to have my Texas PE license # released today... what a rewarding  journey!

Congrats! How long did it take from when everything turned green on the TBPE website before everything was finalized and released?

1 hour ago, TX HookEM said:

Congrats! How long did it take from when everything turned green on the TBPE website before everything was finalized and released?

Due to December holidays and several applications received by TBPE, administrative review took 38 days from the date I submitted application. Technical review was just 2 days.

14 hours ago, Fissy said:

Due to December holidays and several applications received by TBPE, administrative review took 38 days from the date I submitted application. Technical review was just 2 days.

I must have found a sweet spot - moved through administrative pretty quickly. Hoping to hear back on the technical by the end of the week, I guess...

On 1/23/2019 at 8:33 AM, TX HookEM said:

I must have found a sweet spot - moved through administrative pretty quickly. Hoping to hear back on the technical by the end of the week, I guess...

Yeah, wow. You guys were all right. Only took two days. Whole process basically took three weeks from asking for finalizing SER and submitting to licensure.

Hey all,

Hope you can help me with a couple questions.  First off how long were you SER's? Do you fill out a new form for each engagement? If some of your engagements were for a short duration (6 months to 1 year) is it acceptable for that SER to be 1-2 pages? My other engagement was for essentially 3.5 years and I can write a book on stuff I worked on.

I'm a few steps behind everyone else on here.

17 hours ago, GeoDude said:

Hey all,

Hope you can help me with a couple questions.  First off how long were you SER's? Do you fill out a new form for each engagement? If some of your engagements were for a short duration (6 months to 1 year) is it acceptable for that SER to be 1-2 pages? My other engagement was for essentially 3.5 years and I can write a book on stuff I worked on.

I'm a few steps behind everyone else on here.

My SER was only four pages (in the exact same font and size as the TBPE online form). I had one engagement - because i've only been with one company - but I just used a couple of dashes to separate each individual project.

I do think each engagement - which i believe is each new company or customer or whatever - you should start a new page.