Taking survey and seismic before 2 years of experience

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Civilmili

Reaction score
Hi all I just passed the pe exam in October, but I still need a year of experience before I meet the two year requirement.

I tried registering for the survey and seismic exam online but it says you need a candidate number to register for the test.

Does anyone know if I can submit my application to the board or know of a way I can get get approved to take survey and seismic early?

I don't think there is a way to submit your application/be approved to take the surveying and seismic exams early. If there was, I would have taken it as soon as I passed the PE exam. 😕

I found this link too:

Hi all I just passed the pe exam in October, but I still need a year of experience before I meet the two year requirement.

I tried registering for the survey and seismic exam online but it says you need a candidate number to register for the test.

Does anyone know if I can submit my application to the board or know of a way I can get get approved to take survey and seismic early?
I don't think the board will make a special exception to you since then they would have to provide this to everyone. It's only one more year though. You can study and prepare yourself for both exams thoroughly and get all your forms together so that once you hit that two year mark you can sit for your tests in the next quarter and get your license as quick as possible. 

I don't think the board will make a special exception to you since then they would have to provide this to everyone. It's only one more year though. You can study and prepare yourself for both exams thoroughly and get all your forms together so that once you hit that two year mark you can sit for your tests in the next quarter and get your license as quick as possible. 
Thank you for the info, I am also active duty military and sometimes we have a lot of last minute stuff that prevents me from taking the exam on time, like I wasn't able to take the pe last April due to some training coming up. Do you know if there will be a military exception possibly?  Thanks again

I honestly can't say if they do that or not. I don't see why this would allow you to take the test early since they offer the test in 3 month windows in which you can pick any day that works for you. Good luck to you but you might just have to wait this one out. 

Back