Passed PE Civil

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mmahendra

Reaction score
I passed the PE civil construction depth in Fall 2018. This was my first attempt. I could able to make this because of EET course. This course is framed to match the requirement of PE civil exam. They provide very elaborate notes with plenty of practice problems. Their notes are very extensive and covers the required reference material. It requires dedication to solve all their problems but eventually it pays off. All the instructors provide the summary of equations for each topic in every discipline. If we add all these equations to one binder then we could solve most of the test questions by the help of this binder. The instructors are very knowledgeable in their respective fields. All of them provide response to your every question. Professor Samir of construction is very knowledgeable and he has good knowledge of field either which helps to pass this exam. He responds your questions very quickly even at night time or weekends. This encourages you to study better. In all I would say, it is worth to take this course to pass the test. 

Congratulations on passing! I'm seriously considering taking EET this winter. I didn't pass the October 2018 exam (Transportation DS). I took the School of PE course, and I thought they did a poor job of preparing me. 

Would you say that most of the questions you were prepared for and not surprised?

Congratulations on passing! I'm seriously considering taking EET this winter. I didn't pass the October 2018 exam (Transportation DS). I took the School of PE course, and I thought they did a poor job of preparing me. 

Would you say that most of the questions you were prepared for and not surprised?
I took Civil WRE EET and yes I can say I was prepared for most problems. The only very difficult ones that I was stumped on were there to trip you up anyways and can be saved for the end to TRY and work out but eventually put an educated guess to. That was only a handful of problems though. I can't speak to the Transpo depth but EET overall is definitely worth the investment

I am a first time test taker and registered for EET classes for both breadth and Transportation depth and passed the exam in Oct 18. I will say that nothing will prepare you 100% for the exam. I thought I was prepared well for the breadth portion except for construction, but was not prepared for what I saw. I would definitely say that the afternoon part saved me. EET has good study material for the depth portion and their binders are very well organized. I didn't have to use any references for drainage and pavement related problems. Everything was in the binder that they provided. They allot good number of hours for the depth and provide you with a lot of sample problems. The practice exam they had in the end was close in difficulty level to the actual exam. I would definitely recommend EET and wish you good luck with the exam. 

Hands down take the EET course, that helped me pass the PE Transpo depth second time around.  I too took school of PE for the first attempt and felt completely unprepared.

Yes. The EET coves most of the portion. I saw surprises in the actual exam. However I would say, the questions which were not surprises, were solved in less than 3 minute time. It could be achieved by practicing EET problems. In this way you could give extra time to surprises and find the answers for those. Good Luck!!!

Back