Tabs

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Messi

Reaction score
What kind of tabs are allowed and what are not allowed in the exam ? Also can someone advice on what is the best way to tab and howmuch ? I have never tabbed before so just wanted to know the ideal way of doing it. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, I would also like to know about how much to tab etc.  If some gracious member can post the pictures of what they did so we get an idea. 

I'm thinking people would tab chapters from various books. For e.g.  Camera books have a lot of chapters and not of them are included in PE syllabus, so you may want to tab relevant sections so you to it right away. I don't think you can go on tabbing individual pages and sections. If the information in your view is that important then that should perhaps go in your binder for e.g some formulas

Yeah, I would also like to know about how much to tab etc.  If some gracious member can post the pictures of what they did so we get an idea. 

I'm thinking people would tab chapters from various books. For e.g.  Camera books have a lot of chapters and not of them are included in PE syllabus, so you may want to tab relevant sections so you to it right away. I don't think you can go on tabbing individual pages and sections. If the information in your view is that important then that should perhaps go in your binder for e.g some formulas

Capture.JPG

I used the standard medium-size post it notes.  I just turned them upside-down and wrote on the top (or bottom after I rotated them) and stuck them on the page so the bottom part would stick out just enough for me to read the "tab".  This is an inexpensive way to do tabs.  

Does anyone have any recommendation on the removable tabs so you can sell the expensive books later?

Does anyone have any recommendation on the removable tabs so you can sell the expensive books later?
I love the post it tabs. theyre removable - i've transferred from one steel manual to the next to the next.

but the normal small postits are also easily removable and sufficient - i would probably use these if i intended to sell my references after use

Last edited by a moderator:
Back