Application Question - Work Engagements

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Engineer7

Reaction score
I passed the PE Exam in CA. I am now working on the Application.

I've only worked as an engineer in one utility my entire career (42 months) so all four of my engagements will be designated with 1. For each four of my references I will add different projects, but is it ok if the Engineering Tasks and Duties are copied and pasted on each form? Or should I try to put a variety of projects with different tasks to show versatility? It will still be one engagement though right?

I see the PE's I am referencing every day, and they see the kind of work I do.

Should I put all of them as continuous?

Engagement 1 From 6/15 to 12/18 42 months Manager

Engagement 1 From 6/15 to 12/18 42 months Coworker

Engagement 1 From 6/15 to 12/18 42 months Senior Engineer/Coworker

Engagement 1 From 6/15 to 12/18 42 months Indirect Supervisor

Also it looks like there is only room to enter two lines worth of projects. Is it enough to just put two projects for each reference?

Last edited by a moderator:
I’m not certain how California works, but for Texas, I put progressive engineering experience over the course of my time in industry. Like you, I’ve been at the same company, but I’ve held different roles from applications engineering to project engineering. In each role, I progressed in title and responsibility ( i.e. entry level up to senior level). I made sure to include specific projects in each role and level. My application was approved without question with this method. I think if you can show some type of increased responsibilty in your work during your time there, it would help. Maybe show some variation in your duties as well. Different types of engineering work. Hope that helps. Maybe others from CA will chime in. 

Back