NY License Watch OCT 2018 Exam - Page 2 - OCT 2018 - Engineer Boards
Engineer Boards
 photo CHPE_AnimatedWebBanner_650x1202_zps5704d467.gif
Sign in to follow this  
a4u2fear

NY License Watch OCT 2018 Exam

2 hours ago, JayKay0914 said:

Then starts the whole ordering a stamp and getting new business cards.

#goodproblems

• Like 1

1000652 last time I checked. Into the "G's" seems like they are getting about 35-40 done per day. Crossing my fingers I have it by the end of the week at this pace but who knows.

1 hour ago, Therm0Joe said:

1000652 last time I checked. Into the "G's" seems like they are getting about 35-40 done per day. Crossing my fingers I have it by the end of the week at this pace but who knows.

No they are already well into the Os I think 100669 is the latest so far. The seem to do them in batches throughout the day. They'll probably be done with everyone by Thursday.

I also got mine too. Time to really relax now.

Edited by chaosNJ

I think they have a couple of different people uploading. I’m a K last name and the batches started with A and I think L, since when I was looking there were def people with new licenses with last names starting with L or M being indispersed with people with C and D last names. 

Sighhhhh. Got to keep waiting. 

I'm a long time lurker first time poster, but hang in there! NY seems like its moving at a quick pace this time around.  Although they have yet to upload any today.  My last name starts with Sw so I'll be F5ing the OP search website waiting for my own license. 

• Like 1

Wait, they updated?  Whenever I put in "100670" I get the error page with no output.  Are you checking somewhere else?  I NEED TO KNOOOOOOOW.

Hahahahahahahaha, just changed my browser.  Literally so close and then they suddenly switch to "P" last names!  *shakes fist in air*

I passed the Oct 2018 PE. How long should I wait to get license number? I just checked the ny license lookup, it went through S last name, but my name didn't show up. Should I be concerned or its just normal?

You can just search your last name and “professional Engineer “ and when it’s done it’ll show up. 

On 12/10/2018 at 5:35 PM, chaosNJ said:

What makes you think that?

I had spot checked a few names on LinkedIn and it looked like some of the names had been practicing for a long time.  I could have been wrong though, or there could have been a mix of reciprocity/renewal/new at the time.  It definitely looks like there are new licenses being issued now as some on this board have claimed to have gotten theirs - could be trolls though, but I think it is safe to say that new licenses are being issued around 70ish per day at this point.  

They ended 12/12 on 100731.  Licenses are definitely being issued in alphabetical order by stack, but there must be many stacks or multiple people entering because we keep going through the alphabet and then going back.  100731 is a "W"... I am a "K" and have not yet gotten my license yet so I hope that they have multiple stacks!!

Wow....quicker than I expected! Got my number last night. Stamps ordered already......Its been a wild ride of emotions but its finally official! Congrats to all again

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mikekal717 said:

I had spot checked a few names on LinkedIn and it looked like some of the names had been practicing for a long time.  I could have been wrong though, or there could have been a mix of reciprocity/renewal/new at the time.  It definitely looks like there are new licenses being issued now as some on this board have claimed to have gotten theirs - could be trolls though, but I think it is safe to say that new licenses are being issued around 70ish per day at this point.  

They ended 12/12 on 100731.  Licenses are definitely being issued in alphabetical order by stack, but there must be many stacks or multiple people entering because we keep going through the alphabet and then going back.  100731 is a "W"... I am a "K" and have not yet gotten my license yet so I hope that they have multiple stacks!!

I'm in the same boat as you (a "K" last name).  I def think there are multiple stacks being processed, with a mix of new and reciprocity licenses and different people uploading different sections of the alphabet.  Hopefully there will be relief for us "K"-names today!

11 minutes ago, JayKay0914 said:

I'm in the same boat as you (a "K" last name).  I def think there are multiple stacks being processed, with a mix of new and reciprocity licenses and different people uploading different sections of the alphabet.  Hopefully there will be relief for us "K"-names today!

Looks like all "S" names so far this morning ::ugh::

18 minutes ago, mikekal717 said:

Looks like all "S" names so far this morning ::ugh::

I've learned to not worry too much about it.  At the pace they're going, there is a pretty good chance stuff will be updated by COB on Friday.  If it isn't, just means I delay ordering my stamp/new business cards.  Being a "real" PE doesn't really affect me until the new year, so I've technically got another two weeks to worry about this number.  Relaxxxxxxx.

18 minutes ago, JayKay0914 said:

I've learned to not worry too much about it.  At the pace they're going, there is a pretty good chance stuff will be updated by COB on Friday.  If it isn't, just means I delay ordering my stamp/new business cards.  Being a "real" PE doesn't really affect me until the new year, so I've technically got another two weeks to worry about this number.  Relaxxxxxxx.

I work in NJ.  My license doesn't help me until I get it in NJ as well... So for me the sooner I get my license number the sooner I can submit all my paperwork to NJ.  I can tell you I am not looking forward to that comity process at all

I swear whoever is entering the information into the system has the strangest coffee/lunch/bathroom break schedule.  Sprinted to get 25 in this morning and has been slow as molasses since. 

• Haha 1

I was actually thinking that too, when I was seeing how stuff was being updated.  There would be like 20+ names in a 10-minute period...then nothing for an hour or two.  Then a single name.  Nothing for another hour or two.  Then, suddenly, 40-names at the end of the day (after COB).  Very confusing.

Awesome!  I'll just keep waiting.  Having heart attacks when a "Y" name pops up, and then a "K", and then a "W".  😂