Stop the 5G!

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yet everyone has a smart phone in their pockets and are currently already using the 4G antennas. LOL

giphy.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
^ sounds like I'd probably get along with the person from North Amherst quite well. Assuming they have a solid justification to put the kibosh on all the "concern". :thumbs:

We had something kinda similar happen on Long Island with the more aggressive telephone poles being put up (the smaller poles are rotting/being destroyed by the snow storms, etc.).  HUGE BACKLASH form the community since they were put up without community input (the telephone poles are like 3-foot in diam. and a good 10-15-feet taller than the original poles).  Of course the areas where they were putting them up are areas that are either agritourism areas (aka; you destroy the view = you destroy the want of NYC-people wanting to come out) or historical areas of concern, which actually ruined the appeal of the towns since it was such a sore thumb.  

It's kinda weird because I see both sides?  New infrastructure needs to go in...but is it aesthetically appealing/will it piss off the people who are technically paying for it through their taxes?

I bet you're just surrounded by a bunch of Toyota drivers who need the government to invest in DSRC and fiber to make connected vehicles work and they don't want that 5G nonsense that Cadillac is trying to sell. 

Back