Application Processing Times

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chino

Reaction score
Found out I passed the test this morning and sent out my packet to the CA Board this afternoon.  Anyone know what the average processing time to get final licensure is for CA?

Congrats to all that passed!

I took the P.E. Mechanical: TFS test so fortunately this is the last test I have to take. 

I got all the requirements and paperwork taken care of before the result notice so hoping I was one of the first applicants and it’ll move quickly.

Just spoke with the Board and received word that I will receive my number on March 29th.  Total time from submitting the application to receiving my number?  Nearly 120 days.

In Illinois, the experience requirement is separate from the exam requirement. 

However, it took me 9 days from when I mailed my application for licensure to get a license number.  Which is really quick for Illinois.  (‘Matter of fact, I got my license number today)

edit: To be a little more clear, I passed the October 2018 exam and already had the requisite 4 years work experience prior to passing the exam. My direct supervisor had been busy (really busy) the last few months, so it took some time for them to prepare their part of my license application, i.e., verifying my work experience. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Back