Pass Rates Updated NCEES

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
NCEES posting pass/fail rates, and some states yet to even release results.... nice...

****, the pass rate for Power was even lower this time. Not surprising...

Thanks for sharing! They released the table earlier than normal this year.

/Commence annual rant

Ahh Nuclear is back down to a mid-fifties pass rate again. Whadda surprise! Meanwhile ANS complains that so few people take the test and that it's in danger of being phased out. Maybe if they didn't target such a narrow part of the sector and made it so difficult for others outside that area to pass, then people would actually take the exam.

/end rant

NCEES posting pass/fail rates, and some states yet to even release results.... nice...
Situation Normal. This always happens, though usually not this many states.

****, the pass rate for Power was even lower this time. Not surprising...
yeah, ouch.

Rates are overall higher than I had expected, at least for the PE Civil exams.
I don't know, at fist glance, pass rates looks lower accross the board. But I haven't done a deep dive

Wow only 43% pass rate on the power overall?  I feel so fortunate to have passed.  I prepared like crazy for it but thought it was a hard test.  I found myself leaning on my experience more than a lot of what I studied.  I remember sarcastically laughing throughout the test when every new question I came across wasn't in my wheelhouse.

Last edited by a moderator:
@RBHeadge PE I think you posted an April 18' Pass rate in the other forum if you would like to update that here for a reference. I think there is a spreadsheet made for comparison purposes.

That Power score tho.  Not surprising given the number of smart and studious people on this forum who failed the exam this time around.  It was 57% for first time takers in April 2018 as I recall, which was my exam and the first time they reoriented the emphasis towards protection.  I get the sense they thought too many people were passing before :p.  

Back