Texas Results - Page 7 - OCT 2018 - Engineer Boards
Engineer Boards
Sign in to follow this  
5 to 9

Texas Results

4 minutes ago, soneal said:

Also, I've been sitting here reading this forum for the entire week... but didn't comment or have an account. Just realized I actually had a login... It's nice to see everyone that passed and then everyone who is in the same boat as me that didn't pass. I'm a first timer. I'm going to sign up for school of PE and take the April exam. Hopefully I'll pass. I got a 43/80 :( No one in my company passed in any of the disciplines and we usually at least have a handful every session that does... so it's been an interesting year.

::big hug:: Took me three times to pass.  Take care of yourself, eat something yummy for dinner tonight, and take a good rest over the holidays.  Then figure out what you need to do to pass the second go-round. You'll get it.  This board has been so encouraging and helpful during my journey...there are plenty of us here didn't pass the first time.  You're not alone!

• Like 2

49/80 failed construction.
22AM, 27 PM.

Any Construction takers from texas with scaled scores?  I must have missed it by a handful.

3 hours ago, Jeff_5_7 said:

TBPE has grades up now.    PASSED Civil Transportation first time with a 78 

Congrats! What review courses did you take if any? I took the SOPE.

9 minutes ago, txjennah said:

::big hug:: Took me three times to pass.  Take care of yourself, eat something yummy for dinner tonight, and take a good rest over the holidays.  Then figure out what you need to do to pass the second go-round. You'll get it.  This board has been so encouraging and helpful during my journey...there are plenty of us here didn't pass the first time.  You're not alone!

Thank you, I appreciate it! I'm going to do the SOPE. Hopefully April will treat me well! Currently about to indulge in Chic-Fil-A and drown my sorrows in wine tonight since my wine club box came today... coincidence? lol

• Like 1

3 hours ago, KOKOMO777 said:

Congrats! What review courses did you take if any? I took the SOPE.

I did self-study but am also a Masters of Civil student at Texas A&M currently. I also have a Civil Undergrad Degree with a Transportation focus from A&M. I kept all of my formula sheets from exams and did ALOT of studying using typical reference materials.  HCM, Greenbook, MUTCD, Road Side Safety, CERM, and my notes are all I took. 

I had several friends go to testmasters and pass as well. They scored about the same as I did.

1 hour ago, Jeff_5_7 said:

I did self-study but am also a Masters of Civil student at Texas A&M currently. I also have a Civil Undergrad Degree with a Transportation focus from A&M. I kept all of my formula sheets from exams and did ALOT of studying using typical reference materials.  HCM, Greenbook, MUTCD, Road Side Safety, CERM, and my notes are all I took. 

I had several friends go to testmasters and pass as well. They scored about the same as I did.

I may look into the testmasters course.

1 hour ago, KOKOMO777 said:

I may look into the testmasters course.

I recommend testmasters. I had to take it twice, but it definitely helped structure my studying. 

16 hours ago, 5 to 9 said:

Working backwards from what I got, the cut score for Civil Structural seems to be 45/80. A lot of people must have gotten certain questions wrong 

Civil-Structural  (Failed)

AM 28/40
PM 20/40

Overall 48/80 

So it must be a little higher.. Any got closer to the structural cut score?

21 hours ago, PE-2B said:

I got an 82 on structural!

What score out of 80? Why are people only posting their scaled percentage scores like it does any good lol

8 minutes ago, tyler_uri said:

What score out of 80? Why are people only posting their scaled percentage scores like it does any good lol

@tyler_uri You don't get your regular scores if you passed. I'd love to know my score out of 80, but I can't get it. Just the scaled 74.

27 minutes ago, TX HookEM said:

@tyler_uri You don't get your regular scores if you passed. I'd love to know my score out of 80, but I can't get it. Just the scaled 74.

Ohh, I see, thanks.  I guess any scores that get a 69% we can assume the passing score was one more question.

So I'm reading the Engineering Practice Act (so I can do the Ethics Exam) and it says they have to give you your test results in 30 days. 🤣

Edit: Just kidding. It says if they use a testing service, they have 14 days from when they get it from the service.

Edited by TX HookEM

20 hours ago, txjennah PE said:

Now you have to change the "interests" section of your EB profile. ^__^

• Like 3

So we've got the notice via email from TBPE and have our license number. We're in the TBPE PE roster listed as active. Has anyone ordered their stamps yet? If so, did you use the name they addressed you as in the email? I'm not sure if we should use middle initial or not. The notification email used only first and last name. I called the licensing department and the lady said to wait for a packet in the mail. What packet are they sending? I thought we only got the email notification stating what we needed to submit? Just looking for a little insight to see if I'm jumping ahead of things and need to slow my role.

5 minutes ago, Mech_Engineer said:

So we've got the notice via email from TBPE and have our license number. We're in the TBPE PE roster listed as active. Has anyone ordered their stamps yet? If so, did you use the name they addressed you as in the email? I'm not sure if we should use middle initial or not. The notification email used only first and last name. I called the licensing department and the lady said to wait for a packet in the mail. What packet are they sending? I thought we only got the email notification stating what we needed to submit? Just looking for a little insight to see if I'm jumping ahead of things and need to slow my role.

I'm waiting to order as well.  At work I go by both my maiden and husband's last name, but I ::cough:: haven't legally changed my name yet. Waiting to hear a call back from compliance to see what I need to do. Don't want to start Day 2 as a licensed engineer by already breaking the rules! Hahaha!

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, squaretaper PE said:

Now you have to change the "interests" section of your EB profile. ^__^

LOL yes I suppose so! Though I might keep it there, to ~remind me where I came from~