Engineer Boards

​ ​ ​
5 to 9

Texas Results

They are not coming out today, but thought I'd make a thread ahead of time prior to release.

Hopefully tomorrow! Hopefully tomorrow (said nervously)

I've been avoiding making a thread to get people's hopes up. But at least it's here.

I know Maryland's offices were closed so I was hoping ours would come out today, but not looking like it's happening.  Oh well.

• Sad 1

Just now, txjennah said:

I've been avoiding making a thread to get people's hopes up. But at least it's here.

Ah sorry, not my intention to troll :(

Saw other threads for other states where results haven't been released yet (NY, CA, IL, etc.) so thought I'd make one for the Lone Star State. Best wishes to you on the results!

• Like 1

Just now, 5 to 9 said:

Ah sorry, not my intention to troll :(

Saw other threads for other states where results haven't been released yet (NY, CA, IL, etc.) so thought I'd make one for the Lone Star State. Best wishes to you on the results!

No, I know!  Glad it's here at least so we can all wait together. Good luck to you too!

• Like 1

Just now, GeoDude said:

This wait is rough... RIP George H. W. ....

Texas is (usually) a first day release state, so I'd be shocked if we didn't get results tomorrow. So while it sucks to wait another night, we are really close, I think.

16 minutes ago, txjennah said:

I know Maryland's offices were closed so I was hoping ours would come out today, but not looking like it's happening.  Oh well.

I'm not trying to be a dick, or get anyone's hopes up, cause I've given up...But my coworkers results got released at 530 pm two years ago. Not saying it's possible since TBPE is closed, but also not saying it's impossible. 

Just now, covert said:

I'm not trying to be a dick, or get anyone's hopes up, cause I've given up...But my coworkers results got released at 530 pm two years ago. Not saying it's possible since TBPE is closed, but also not saying it's impossible. 

I hear ya.  I'm holding on to that thread of hope too.  I guess we'll find out within the next hour :)

Just now, txjennah said:

I hear ya.  I'm holding on to that thread of hope too.  I guess we'll find out within the next hour :)

And by find out, I mean find out if we're getting results today :p

1 minute ago, covert said:

5:30 PM Eastern or Central?

Just now, txjennah said:

Yeah, I think I'll check my email for the last time at 6pm tonight. If I don't have it by then I'm going to sleep with the hopes that I can sleep or keep mind busy till I wake up for Yoga in the AM. By then hopefully it's release time. 

Just now, GeoDude said:

5:30 PM Eastern or Central?

Central. They got it between 5pm and 6pm on December 8th. 

Just now, covert said:

Yeah, I think I'll check my email for the last time at 6pm tonight. If I don't have it by then I'm going to sleep with the hopes that I can sleep or keep mind busy till I wake up for Yoga in the AM. By then hopefully it's release time. 

Yay for yoga! I did some this morning, and I think it's partially the reason why I'm not freaking the eff out over results not being released today. Hahahah!  Best of luck, we're almost there.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, txjennah said:

Yay for yoga! I did some this morning, and I think it's partially the reason why I'm not freaking the eff out over results not being released today. Hahahah!  Best of luck, we're almost there.

Yeah my studio doesn't have Wednesday AM classes...so I'm a total PMSing psycho mess today. I'm hoping for peace tomorrow regardless of the outcome. Here's to hoping we're done with this exam for the rest of our lives! 

• Like 3

Yeah my studio doesn't have Wednesday AM classes...so I'm a total PMSing psycho mess today. I'm hoping for peace tomorrow regardless of the outcome. Here's to hoping we're done with this exam for the rest of our lives! 

Here’s to hoping! 

I'm praying I never have to take that exam ever again. The months of anxiety, stress and studying preceding this ridiculous exam... how I dreaded those days 

Edited by 5 to 9

Just now, 5 to 9 said:

I'm praying I never have to take that exam ever again. The months of anxiety, stress and studying preceding this ridiculous exam... how I dreaded those days 

I feel ya. This was my second time. The first time I was a mess months before and months after. This one I've been a bit calmer. But the last 3 days have been a whirlwind. I'm ready for some peace. 

1 minute ago, 5 to 9 said:

This is unfortunately my third time waiting for results.  It sucks to have to go through it more than once, but it does make you stronger and more resilient.

@covert @txjennah Oh wow, you're both very very resilient to have carried on and retaken the thing, even after failing! Kudos to you both! Here's to hoping this is the last time as well

I am a nervous wreck. What exam did you all take?

I took the Civil Structural Exam. The PPI Civil Reference Manual saved my bacon in the morning portion. The afternoon on the other hand, I'm not so confident on 😕

• Like 1

Just now, 5 to 9 said:

@covert @txjennah Oh wow, you're both very very resilient to have carried on and retaken the thing, even after failing! Kudos to you both! Here's to hoping this is the last time as well

I am a nervous wreck. What exam did you all take?

I took the Civil Structural Exam. The PPI Civil Reference Manual saved my bacon in the morning portion. The afternoon on the other hand, I'm not so confident on 😕

I took enviro! It sucked each time, so I don't have high hopes.  I'm sure you did well, and if not, we're here for you.

• Like 1

Just now, txjennah said:

I took enviro! It sucked each time, so I don't have high hopes.  I'm sure you did well, and if not, we're here for you.

Thank you!! Likewise to you as well on the enviro exam!