NY State - Page 3 - OCT 2018 - Engineer Boards
Engineer Boards
 photo CHPE_AnimatedWebBanner_650x1202_zps5704d467.gif
Sign in to follow this  
Workx

NY State

1 minute ago, leggo PE said:

OMG yes!! Further proof that spamming increases your chances of passing.

CONGRATULATIONS, JayKay!!!

my name jeff

JayKay is currently singing in choir. Will have a single shot of vodka when I get home and wait for celebratory din-din this weekend!

i am a boring person!

• Haha 3

Just got my NY results back and I passed! Second time taking the exam and I can’t even put into words how relieved and grateful i am.

E9AC38CB-85EC-403C-A297-8CFDAB05F174.png

Edited by I81U812
  • Like 2

image.png.b756a5f671785359788fdda25f8893d4.png

Found out last night! I would like to thank all the EB members and moderators for all the help, guidance, and sanity checks along the way especially @RBHeadge PE who puts a lot of time and effort into keeping everyone informed! Congrats to all the other members who passed and to those who failed don't quit!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The "next steps"in NY just takes me to the NYS OP page and doesn't really seem to have anything that indicates what to do next.  Is there anything to do?  Or just wait for a license number?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, a4u2fear said:

The "next steps"in NY just takes me to the NYS OP page and doesn't really seem to have anything that indicates what to do next.  Is there anything to do?  Or just wait for a license number?

Was thinking same thing. I’m gonna consult folks at my office this afternoon 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, jbm3 said:

Was thinking same thing. I’m gonna consult folks at my office this afternoon 

It's a waiting game at this point for NYS to issue your PE license number.  

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, a4u2fear said:

This varies by state. In April 2018 exam cycle, Florida, Exam results came out May 29th, licenses were posted June 25th. Some states are instant (Georgia I think is one). Might check the NY thread from April to see how it went down last cycle.

Edited by Road-N-Bridge

It generally takes NYS a few weeks to get license numbers and certs issued.  Enjoy the feeling of passing the exam and buckle down for a, hopefully not too long, wait.

2 minutes ago, Workx said:

I failed. I registered for April 19. Congrats all passed!

I failed too. Congrats to all that passed! @Workx Do we just register through the NCEES website, we don't need to go through the NYS board?

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Fady said:

I failed too. Congrats to all that passed! @Workx Do we just register through the NCEES website, we don't need to go through the NYS board?

When you retake the NYS exam (I had to do it three times, unfortunately, so I know the details), you go through the NCEES website again.  It'll most likely say you need to address your name/address, but all your files/everything should have been submitted already to NYS.  If you received approval from NYS to sit, you're good to go!  Just re-register through NCEES!

I just registered through NCEES. It is waiting for board approval. I hope board approved automatically. I choose Albany area this time...

13 hours ago, squaretaper PE said:

Well done @JayKay0914!!! I used to live in Syracuse. Neat!

Hahahahahaha, I actually only went to Syracuse because I did not want to deal with the NYC testing site again (and my parents have a vacation home in Ithaca, so I didn't need to worry about a hotel or anything!).  THE TESTING CENTER WAS ON THE FAIR GROUNDS.