Hi, NYSPE CIVIL - can I revise my experience which was submitted already?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Engineer5

Reaction score
Hi, I submitted my experience for 8 years & Got a letter from NYS stating that, I still need 2 more years of design experience. It is frustrating. I submitted my experience until 2016 initially & got the letter from NYS that, I need 2 more years of experience. I waited until 2018 & submitted my design experience. Again got the letter from NYS stating that, I still need 2 more years of design experience. After going through different forums, I think, I have a chance if I modify my write up. I have a question. Can I revise & resbmit my previous 2 year experience? 

I think you would need to revise/resubmit all your experience again (not just the 2 years but your whole 8+year package), but I would reach out to NYSED to confirm.  The way you say you resubmitted in 2018 your two years only sounds like you sent in a 2-year experience package (not the minimum 4-years), which might be why they sent out a letter saying you need another 2-years?  I think it sounds like you have 10+ years of design experience (correct me if I'm wrong) and I believe when you resubmit NYSED looks over your whole application again, not just the little portion resubmitted.

I was lucky and submitted I think, 4.5 years and was accepted, but I was very methodical in making sure I clearly stated what I was doing in my design/oversight/field work.  NYSED is, I think, not particularly looking for what you designed but more that you are becoming a more competent engineer and you are slowly taking over control of greater aspects of your work/using different methodologies in your design and work.  

Back