Oct 2018 Failing Scores - Page 2 - OCT 2018 - Engineer Boards
Engineer Boards
Sign in to follow this  
Tokka

Oct 2018 Failing Scores

55 minutes ago, 5 to 9 said:

Civil Structural/ Fail in the 40's. That's all I want to say on that.

Better luck next time, I suppose

I was in the 40's my first go around also.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, KOKOMO777 said:

Back to the books again for the 3rd time, 35/80. I felt certain that I've done better than the 1st time.

What depth?

1 hour ago, 5 to 9 said:

Civil Structural/ Fail in the 40's. That's all I want to say on that.

Better luck next time, I suppose

I failed twice at 46.. it's doable!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Stardust said:

I failed twice at 46.. it's doable!

I knew I bombed the afternoon portion when I left the exam site. I reviewed practice exams. Next time I’ll review both practice exams and take a course like Test Masters or something

51 minutes ago, KOKOMO777 said:

Back to the books again for the 3rd time, 35/80. I felt certain that I've done better than the 1st time.

Third time will be a charm @KOKOMO777, so sorry to hear you didn't pass :(

29 minutes ago, Ricson said:

Civil Geotech/Fail -41/80. I am loosing hope. Looking for recommendations - School of PE or EET? Please help

I passed geotech depth. I used School of PE, and just worked tons of practice problems. NCEES practice exams, and other practice problems that I found online. Geotechnical engineers handbook was very helpful for the more obscure qualitative questions on the depth portion. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, 5 to 9 said:

I knew I bombed the afternoon portion when I left the exam site. I reviewed practice exams. Next time I’ll review both practice exams and take a course like Test Masters or something

I really loved the School of PE for the morning portion and EET for the depth portion of the test. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KOKOMO777 said:

Third time is the charm. Good luck man. Hope you kill it this time. 

I passed Civil Structural this year. SchoolOfPe for morning is great. I was completely green about all those water/construction/road issues, and just by attending all their classes when I left morning portion (at 10:55AM, so more than hour before end of time) I knew that I shall have around 35-40 (so close to 100%) good answers. It was like copy paste from their materials, or even easier.

However I can not say the same about Structural depth. I am licensed in other country, and my biggest issue was all those factors and code related problems. Unfortunately leaving afternoon session I knew it did not go well. The SchoolOfPe spent a lot of time on a general approach, whereas those small details (thousand of coefficients for timber design)  somehow were merely mentioned. They spent few hours on AASHTO approach to different things, but from the beginning other told me that there would be maybe max. 2 questions related to it.

Still I believe, that if you are confident in your area, then taking SchoolOfPe for morning is the best approach.

42 minutes ago, Ricson said:

Civil Geotech/Fail -41/80. I am loosing hope. Looking for recommendations - School of PE or EET? Please help

Same here failed 40/80 Geotech - grade 61. 

23 AM, 17 PM - I took SOPE on-demand since I have a traveling job. Their AM is okay but I didn't liked their geo depth at all, I think their geo depth course is structured not in line with the actual exam. I hope I can put this exam behind me in the next few days and start preparing for April exam. I have heard good things about EET, can someone please put some light on best course available for Geo Depth

22 minutes ago, pkcivil said:

Same here failed 40/80 Geotech - grade 61. 

23 AM, 17 PM - I took SOPE on-demand since I have a traveling job. Their AM is okay but I didn't liked their geo depth at all, I think their geo depth course is structured not in line with the actual exam. I hope I can put this exam behind me in the next few days and start preparing for April exam. I have heard good things about EET, can someone please put some light on best course available for Geo Depth

Wow that means the geotech exam was real rough. Based on your numbers cut score was roughly 46...

I took PPI Breadth and Depth Geotech and I feel like I was not prepared enough after leaving the exam.. 

PE (Civil: Structural) failed@48/80, TBPE overall score: 68. 1st attempt.

How to know the rates of morning and afternoon from the diagnostics?

Anyone failed at 49/80? Should I apply for double checking?

On 12/5/2018 at 1:20 PM, Tokka said:

hoses that have passed congrats! For that have failed you will get in the next cycle. Please post your failing score her

15 hours ago, KEEZ315 said:

How do you know your score? Is it revealed only if you fail? Ncees?

Yes, you will know your score if you fail. There will be a diagnostic chart which shows how many questions you get correct in every subject area.

Good Luck

Just now, Nirvana said:

PE (Civil: Structural) failed@48/80, TBPE overall score: 68. 1st attempt.

How to know the rates of morning and afternoon from the diagnostics?

Anyone failed at 49/80? Should I apply for double checking?

I failed at 48 last year and paid for the re-check because I thought it would be close enough. It didn't pan out. I think they list that they've never overturned a score. Save your money.

PE Civil ( Structures) - 48/80 

AM- 28

PM - 20

Was incapacitated on the day of the exam.

Studied CERM, SERM, did not carry all the codes (IBC and Masonry).Took Civil PE Practice test and NCEES Practice Test. 

8 minutes ago, PurdueCivil said:

I failed at 48 last year and paid for the re-check because I thought it would be close enough. It didn't pan out. I think they list that they've never overturned a score. Save your money.

😭😭😭😭😭 that's too bad!

8 minutes ago, phirra said:

PE Civil ( Structures) - 48/80 

AM- 28

PM - 20

Was incapacitated on the day of the exam.

Studied CERM, SERM, did not carry all the codes (IBC and Masonry).Took Civil PE Practice test and NCEES Practice Test. 

How to calculate the rates in morning and afternoon from the diagnostic?

Anyone out there in TX who passed with a 70%? Just trying to understand the TBPE Score a little better and determine if 70% is indeed the passing grade.

18 minutes ago, GeoDude said:

Wow that means the geotech exam was real rough. Based on your numbers cut score was roughly 46...

I took PPI Breadth and Depth Geotech and I feel like I was not prepared enough after leaving the exam.. 

Not sure what is the passing criteria, my friend from Terracon got a 46 (grade - 66) and failed. He colleague from Terracon got 50 and still failed, may be the raw cut off is in the mid 50s.

7 minutes ago, GordyJ said:

Anyone out there in TX who passed with a 70%? Just trying to understand the TBPE Score a little better and determine if 70% is indeed the passing grade.

I also eager to know this.