1st quarter 2019 approvals

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok thanks. I sent mine after failure notice on November 7th. I am hoping that is enough time to get it processed and approved. I noticed Board did cash my check 

All re-exam forms received prior to the end of December will be notified for scheduling for Jan-Mar admin. Initial Emails will be sent towards end of month. 

I have a colleague that had sent in the application package (first timer) early November, and the check was cashed on November 15th. When should she expect to get the initial email notice? End of December like everyone else? 

I have a colleague that had sent in the application package (first timer) early November, and the check was cashed on November 15th. When should she expect to get the initial email notice? End of December like everyone else? 
Any first-time applicant for licensure will (should) be notified of status, deficiencies, or approval throughout the process.  Not always consistent as it should be, but it does happen.  All first-time applicants that have licensure applications approved prior to the end of the quarter (December 31) will be provided the same scheduling instructions.

What is the procedure if someone was approved in CA to take the 8 hour 2 years ago but was unable to study for it and took only survey and passed survey. She just now got around to to the 8 hour in october and received the news she had passed. Now she only has the seismic test left. How should she proceed since she seems to be in a fairly unique situation?

What is the procedure if someone was approved in CA to take the 8 hour 2 years ago but was unable to study for it and took only survey and passed survey. She just now got around to to the 8 hour in october and received the news she had passed. Now she only has the seismic test left. How should she proceed since she seems to be in a fairly unique situation?
Not as unique as you would think.  She should send in the Re-exam form indicating which exam she needs to sit for with the accompanying state exam fee.  That form can be found on the Board’s website. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I am a first time applicant. This was my timeline

- 10/02/18 - Submitted application- 10/17/18 - Check was cashed- 11/01/18 - Application referred to technical review- 11/27/18 - Application approved

waiting on prometric authorizations.

- 10/02/18 - Submitted application- 10/17/18 - Check was cashed- 11/01/18 - Application referred to technical review- 11/27/18 - Application approved

Wow - I fedexed my first-time application 10/6 and was emailed 12/4 that the application was referred to technical review.  Maybe less applicants in your last name range? 

I also got my approval on 11/20/2018 and still waiting for the prometric  authorization. Do you guys know how much time they take to send out those authorizations? 

NikR, keep us posted if you get you prometric authorization.

I also got my approval on 11/20/2018 and still waiting for the prometric  authorization. Do you guys know how much time they take to send out those authorizations? 

I just contacted the board and they said we should be hearing back starting at the beginning of this week!

hm it has been a couple weeks and still haven't heard back for the approval of my seismic re-file application.. but I think they'll just let me know about the prometric authorization soon..

edit: got an email today saying the Board has processed my re-file for 2019 Q1 and I should get an email "by the start of exams" to sign up.

Will do. Please keep us posted too, if you get them.

Anybody in CA receive their approval/authorization to sign up for quarter 1 examinations yet? 

Back