Results From October SE?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iwri

Reaction score
Does anyone have any predictions on when to expect results from the October SE exam? It is so quiet in this forum...while the October PE forum is just going bat$#it crazy. 

Since PE results started trickling out today, I'm guessing early next week, 10th or 11th...I've enjoyed all the SPAM in the PE forums! Those folks are ruthless!

Grading workshop was this past weekend, so I would not expect anything this week.  My guess is next Friday, December 14th.

with the exception of this past April exam (when they held a cut score workshop in addition to the grading workshop) haven't the results started to come out by the Thursday or Friday after the grading workshop?

I think it's pretty likely the results will be out Friday Dec. 14th.  Over the last couple cycles, they have released results on a friday.  Although the grading workshop was last week, they have an SE meeting underway from 12/5-12/6.  I wouldn't think they would release results the day after that meeting's conclusion. But i could be wrong, we could get the results tomorrow.  

I think it's pretty likely the results will be out Friday Dec. 14th.  Over the last couple cycles, they have released results on a friday.  Although the grading workshop was last week, they have an SE meeting underway from 12/5-12/6.  I wouldn't think they would release results the day after that meeting's conclusion. But i could be wrong, we could get the results tomorrow.  
Just out of curiosity, how do you know there is a meeting about the SE going on now?  Last thing I saw on the NCEES Licensure Exchange bulletins related to the SE was the Grading Workshop.  Do they post about meetings elsewhere as well?

Also, one of our principals is at that meeting.

I don't see that the NCEES newsletter mentions an SE exam meeting, unless I'm missing something? I see the "Committee on Examination Audit" is auditing the SE exam administration, maybe that's what you're referring to? Although I don't see the Dec. 5-6th date mentioned. 

Regardless, I'm not really stressing over the results this time around. I feel like I got my face pounded in by that exam...

I don't see that the NCEES newsletter mentions an SE exam meeting, unless I'm missing something? I see the "Committee on Examination Audit" is auditing the SE exam administration, maybe that's what you're referring to? Although I don't see the Dec. 5-6th date mentioned. 

Regardless, I'm not really stressing over the results this time around. I feel like I got my face pounded in by that exam...
My mistake, I posted the link to the newest newsletter.  The information on the SE scoring meetings was in the October issue: https://ncees.org/wp-content/uploads/5_Licensure-Exchange_October-2018.pdf.  This issue lists the SE scoring meeting on Nov. 29 - Dec. 1.  But its missing the meeting that was happening Dec 5 - 6.  I will try to find the link for that one too.  I saw it on another board somewhere. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I have my fingers crossed for a release today! Pass or fail...I am ready to know. Sadly....I took it in Illinois...and they appear to be a bit on the slow side in regards to releasing their scores vs. other states. Still....fingers crossed.

Has anyone used the NCEES online chat to ask if they are being released today? I am tempted....but also very wary when I think of how much the NCEES chat personnel must have suffered from the people waiting for PE results. 

Has anyone used the NCEES online chat to ask if they are being released today? I am tempted....but also very wary when I think of how much the NCEES chat personnel must have suffered from the people waiting for PE results. 
No, but I highly doubt they will give you anything other than scripted answers. The PE forum was getting the "8 to 10 weeks" answer the day the results came out.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back