Registering for PE Exam before results are released

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why would you? You don't have to be registered to study if you feel sure you didn't pass.

It doesn't make sense to.

Because if you pass, you might not get the money back from preemptively registering. 

Sorry I didn't explain further. Some people were trying to speculate if you could see that you passed or failed the exam by being able to register again 

Sorry I didn't explain further. Some people were trying to speculate if you could see that you passed or failed the exam by being able to register again 
Yeah this has got me stressed to the maximum. I can register for the April '19 PE after having just taken the October '18 PE. So does this mean I failed? Who knows?

Yeah this has got me stressed to the maximum. I can register for the April '19 PE after having just taken the October '18 PE. So does this mean I failed? Who knows?

I checked my account and I'm able to register for ANY April exam, regardless of topic.

The only exams I can't register for are the ones that don't have an April offering - like Control Systems.

It's just showing that the registration period for exams is open. And it isn't something to read into and be anxious about. 

Calm down everyone, you can't figure out the result by trying to register for the next exam. 

Calm down everyone, you can't figure out the result by trying to register for the next exam. 
giphy.gif

And you know this how?? My wife is a nurse and the trick they used to find out their results for the NCLEX was to try and re-register, if you were allowed then you failed. If you got an error trying to register then that meant you passed!!

I checked earlier this morning to see if I could register for the April 2019 exam and it wouldn't allow me to. I just checked again and now it is allowing me to register. Hopefully this isn't an indication of whether we passed/failed.

RRHawk said:
Same with me :( . I can register for exams even tho result pending. People who have actually passed is it “available” to them. Or blocked like the FE ? 
For me, every single test is available for me to register for. Except exams that don't have an April offering. 

My FE result is no longer shown in NCEES and it shows I can register for the FE. 

So again, don't read into this and fret about it. The overall registration period is open. That's all this means. 

RRHawk said:
Same with me :( . I can register for exams even tho result pending. People who have actually passed is it “available” to them. Or blocked like the FE ? 
I passed four years ago. I can still register for PE exams.

Not that I would *ever* want to do that s%^& again.

It means nothing.

Eh, yesterday I tried to register and everything was closed for me except for CBT exams (one of which is the exam I took in October) and today everything was open except for ones not being held next April.  I take it all with a grain of salt until I see the red "fail" box and look at my diagnostic results.

Eh, yesterday I tried to register and everything was closed for me except for CBT exams (one of which is the exam I took in October) and today everything was open except for ones not being held next April.  I take it all with a grain of salt until I see the red "fail" box and look at my diagnostic results.
Same for me. Now available to register... don’t know if that’s good or bad.

Back