November 2018 Seismic Exam

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

justPE

Reaction score
I took my seismic exam on 11/5/18, when would I get my result back? 

The last few months including last month it came around the 8-11th. I am guessing early next week but I hope I'm wrong and it is this week. 

I am awaiting survey as well since it is my last test I need to pass. 

I'm hoping this Friday, the 7th..I took seismic last week and it also is my last test to complete the PE. 

Took Seismic and Survey in October, got results for both on Nov 7. But I also want to note that my grading period didn't have Thanksgiving in it.

I took my seismic exam on 11/5/18, when would I get my result back? 
I hope you pass, the results would come out in the next few days, whether you used EET workbook or Hiner. do you believe the actual exam is the same difficulty of the practice problems in those references or even more difficult? 

I hope you pass, the results would come out in the next few days, whether you used EET workbook or Hiner. do you believe the actual exam is the same difficulty of the practice problems in those references or even more difficult? 
I used Hiner, I do not know if I will pass, my last piece of the puzzle to get PE also. I am feeling good with 33/55, what is everyone take?

I used Hiner, I do not know if I will pass, my last piece of the puzzle to get PE also. I am feeling good with 33/55, what is everyone take?
I think that is really good quite honestly. I counted myself about 28-29 I knew for sure I got right and then about 15 I was more 50/50 on and I passed even with that mindset. 

33/55 you're definitely passing.

I am still studying and using Hiner, did you feel the actual exam problems are more difficult than the ones in Hiner's workbook or same difficulty?

I am still studying and using Hiner, did you feel the actual exam problems are more difficult than the ones in Hiner's workbook or same difficulty?
Similar difficulty in my opinion. Different wording though for some of them. There were at least 5 I had no idea what to do or where to start but don't let those kinds of problems stress you out. 

I wish... Hiner is good, almost comparable with the actual test. I think the book need more "word" problems, calculation problems are ok.

Similar difficulty in my opinion. Different wording though for some of them. There were at least 5 I had no idea what to do or where to start but don't let those kinds of problems stress you out. 
That's very encouraging ... Yeah, I know.. I have heard that from many ppl that took the exams, even Hiner himself in his online course said you will encounter about 5 question you won't know what the hell are they. 

My first pass through the exam I was able to answer 38, the second pass through through i got 5 more, the remaining 12 or so, i did not have time or had no clue how to complete.  Some of the remaining ones were simply definitions that i couldn't find anywhere.  If i got 80% or better on the original 38 i think i'm good. In the practice exams, i always made dumb errors though from frantically hurrying, so i am hoping  i was able to limit those mistakes. 

There definitely was not time to check your work haha. 

. In the practice exams, i always made dumb errors though from frantically hurrying, so i am hoping  i was able to limit those mistakes.
 Lol.. same here 😅, did you study using Hiner’s book, or did you take his course ?

I am certain will you pass with flying clolors. 38 is unbelievable number, well done.

I'm losing hope that results will be released this week since they are probably busy releasing the October PE results. I think early next week is the best bet. 

I talked with someone on the inside and he thought they released them yesterday.  Then he said, if not they will soon. I am holding out for today or tomorrow. 

I talked with someone on the inside and he thought they released them yesterday.  Then he said, if not they will soon. I am holding out for today or tomorrow. 
Was he referring to the LS exams or the CA survey exams?

I have not got my seismic yet, unless anyone who took it roughly the same time I did mine (11/5) please kindly share, I cannot wait.

I have not got my seismic yet, unless anyone who took it roughly the same time I did mine (11/5) please kindly share, I cannot wait.
Everyone who took seismic or survey in month of november will all get their results at the same time. 

Everyone who took seismic or survey in month of november will all get their results at the same time. 
Yes. Whether you take the exam on the 1st day of the month or last day of the month, you will get the results in the 1st 7-10 days of the following month. 

Back