How confident you are?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Workx

Reaction score
How many of you are really feeling confident that you pass?

How many feel shaky? Anyone who do not care about results?  

I fell 50-50. I took MDM and felt it is very difficult.  

What the hell is MDM?

a little confident as I put in the hard work, but could go either way.. super curious to see the diagnostic, but hopefully I won't have to..

I felt really really good about the exam (April ).

It still didn't keep my fingers from shaking when logging in to see my results when they were finally posted!

Not sure, could go either way.

Took a stab in the dark with 15 questions. Made fair share of educated guesses. Nervousness...

I did pretty horrible in the morning section. If I did AM as well as I did in PM, I would have said I'm feeling 95% chance of passing. I would be very lucky if I pass this time around. FYI, I did structural - civil PE. 

giphy.gif

My confidence breakdown is as follows:

>80% confident (meaning I knew how to do it but probably made a few dumb mistakes throughout the test) - 51 questions

60-80% confident (relatively sure I knew how to do it but wouldn't be surprised if I missed something) - 14 questions

Not very confident (Scribbled down some numbers and eventually made it to one of the 4 answers) - 9 questions

Randomly guessed - 6 questions

This gives an expected value of approximately 57.34 correct answers, so in other words, who the f knows what'll happen.

I feel pretty shaky, to be honest. I started off with about 90% confidence that I passed, and as most of you've read the post pe exam emotional phases posted in this forum, that confidence has since dwindled to a mere 20-80 pass-fail level of confidence 😩

I took Transportation btw

Last edited by a moderator:
I feel very shaky too.  I am certain I got 54% absolutely correct. At least  3 questions had errors. Some questions (basic engineering subjects such as engineering economics, and unit conversion questions) was supposed to be very easy, but  In the actual exam, they were very difficult. Lindeburg'sunit conversion book couldn't help. Probably I passed the exam, but I am not sure.

I was actually convinced that i failed. But, i passed. Hang in there.

What the hell is MDM?

a little confident as I put in the hard work, but could go either way.. super curious to see the diagnostic, but hopefully I won't have to..
Machine design and materials. It's one of the three ME depths and it was awful. 

Back