RI Exam Results!!

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wat?  Is this for real?  I don't live in RI, but this would mean we get our results today?

thatsthejoke.jpg

I emailed Virginia Porter. She said they did not give NCEES permission to post. They will be sending letters out so allow up to 14 days. 

This didn’t sound right but she said it in two separate emails. 🤷🏻‍♂️

I emailed Virginia Porter. She said they did not give NCEES permission to post. They will be sending letters out so allow up to 14 days. 

This didn’t sound right but she said it in two separate emails. 🤷🏻‍♂️
That's brutal. I'm not a big fan of NCEES releasing passing rates for tests (assuming with our results included?) two weeks prior to receiving any info on our own scores.

I believe that NCEES releases all the scores to each state. It is then up to the state to give NCEES permission to post each individual's results in their "myNCEES" page. Most states have done this already but not all. Virginia made it sound like RI will not be giving NCEES permission but instead will send out a letter to each individual that can take UP TO 14 days to process/receive. This doesnt sound right because the board could just give NCEES permission and then they can still send out their own letters in the meantime without making us wait an extra 14 days. 

Try calling her at Phone: (401) 462-9592. Maybe you will have better luck finding out the process.

I believe that NCEES releases all the scores to each state. It is then up to the state to give NCEES permission to post each individual's results in their "myNCEES" page. Most states have done this already but not all. Virginia made it sound like RI will not be giving NCEES permission but instead will send out a letter to each individual that can take UP TO 14 days to process/receive. This doesnt sound right because the board could just give NCEES permission and then they can still send out their own letters in the meantime without making us wait an extra 14 days. 

Try calling her at Phone: (401) 462-9592. Maybe you will have better luck finding out the process.
Here is the response I got:

[SIZE=12pt]Greetings, [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]NCEES does not have permission to release the results. This is because, a passing score results in an approval for licensure. I received the results yesterday afternoon. Currently I have over 50 letters to get out. This takes time. Please allow 14 business days for processing. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Virginia[/SIZE]

Here is the response I got:

[SIZE=12pt]Greetings, [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]NCEES does not have permission to release the results. This is because, a passing score results in an approval for licensure. I received the results yesterday afternoon. Currently I have over 50 letters to get out. This takes time. Please allow 14 business days for processing. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Virginia[/SIZE]
Dude, that's f'ed up. That is NOT how they did it when I took the exam in 2015. 

Have you looked yourself up in the licensing database yet? https://elicensing.ri.gov/Lookup/LicenseLookup.aspx

Dude, that's f'ed up. That is NOT how they did it when I took the exam in 2015. 

Have you looked yourself up in the licensing database yet? https://elicensing.ri.gov/Lookup/LicenseLookup.aspx
I did it says pending. I agree it seems crazy. There must be a misunderstanding with what I was asking and what was replied even though I thought I asked it correctly. 

Here is my question: 

Virginia,

NCEES says they released the results to the states and the state’s board can give permission to NCEES to provide the results via their website. Do you know typically how long after NCEES releases the results that the board gives NCEES permission to provide the results?

Hopefully it was a misunderstanding. Keep F5'ing your NCEES account. Maybe it'll show up. When I was waiting for my FE results in 2013, I got a different story each time I asked. 

I did it says pending. I agree it seems crazy. There must be a misunderstanding with what I was asking and what was replied even though I thought I asked it correctly. 

Here is my question: 

Virginia,

NCEES says they released the results to the states and the state’s board can give permission to NCEES to provide the results via their website. Do you know typically how long after NCEES releases the results that the board gives NCEES permission to provide the results?
I'm still pending in the license lookup as well. Best of luck to you, Alex. Hopefully the waiting game will be over soon!

Someone else should try calling and explaining that the rest of the country releases the results when they get them and don’t make you wait two weeks for a letter that travels less than 70 miles

Back