Electrical Engineering Power PE exam 2018 October

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Turtlenet

Reaction score
I took the exam in Austin Texas I got sick during the exam because I believe I took bad water. They were having an issue with water in that city. I got up from my chair and ran to the restroom and threw up. I felt like garbage. It had nothing to do with being nervous. Anyways I thought the exam focus in areas that I didn't even study. some of the calculations were not coming out like I was expecting even though I had the formula in front of my face. What did you guys think?

I took the exam in Austin Texas I got sick during the exam because I believe I took bad water. They were having an issue with water in that city. I got up from my chair and ran to the restroom and threw up. I felt like garbage. It had nothing to do with being nervous. Anyways I thought the exam focus in areas that I didn't even study. some of the calculations were not coming out like I was expecting even though I had the formula in front of my face. What did you guys think?
I took the exam in Austin too.  I hated the venue they selected for the test site, omfg.

I also took the Oct 2018 Power PE exam (Washington State). I agree, I thought there were many questions about things I hadn't heard of before, and wasn't able to look up in the indexes of any of my books. All my professional experience has been in buildings, so I expected to have some weaknesses around utility & electronics questions. But I took the course from PPI to try and prevent missing out on important topics. Oh well. Fingers crossed for both of us that we get good news soon! Stay strong!

I also took the Oct 2018 Power PE exam (Washington State). I agree, I thought there were many questions about things I hadn't heard of before, and wasn't able to look up in the indexes of any of my books. All my professional experience has been in buildings, so I expected to have some weaknesses around utility & electronics questions. But I took the course from PPI to try and prevent missing out on important topics. Oh well. Fingers crossed for both of us that we get good news soon! Stay strong!
I came in there thinking I was going to box but I got knock the hell out. 

I took the exam in Austin too.  I hated the venue they selected for the test site, omfg.
Yeah they need to get better at putting us in a better building. I know I failed but I will choose el paso texas next time. 

Fellow power PE takers. Just wanted to vent I failed!! CA Take 2... ughh and I was feeling good about this time 😓. Now round 3 in April... 

Back