Any Update on the Results???????????

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Invisible

Reaction score
I just came back from my vacation. Saw the calendar and it is exactly one month from the exam. I remember seeing somewhere in this forum that results would be out after Thanksgiving and also that October 2017 results were out after 35 days or 42 days. Looking at that, can we expect the results this week?

Possibly this week. For certain by the end of next week. Follow NCEES on twitter to be alerted the second the results will be available. Fingers crossed 🤞 for all of us.

I am expecting end of next week... usually takes 6 whole weeks.

I've been thinking about it every single day since the exam....😪

Last edited by a moderator:
Fire Protection has their cut score meeting scheduled for Wed-Thr of this week. The results won't be released until after that meeting. I wouldn't bet any money on it happening Friday either. It would be unprecdented for a release that day as I don't believe NCEES has ever released the business day after a cut score meeting.

On the other hand it wouldn't hurt to F5 the s%^t outta the myncess dashboard starting on Friday.

People are gonna get a bit crazy around here this and next week.

Alright lets try and keep positive on this topic.  I sit besides engineers with 20+ years in the field that took the exam in October that are questioning there sanity now. 

I sit besides engineers with 20+ years in the field that took the exam in October that are questioning there sanity now. 
Everyone behaves the same way, it's just a question of timing.  Tell them "Welcome to Phase 4!". If they're really angry change it to "phase 5". Then send them to this link:

You guys have at least another week. In the meantime, blow off some steam in the spam thread.

Yup. It could be this Friday or next Monday or next Friday. But well if it's written that v have to be more nervous, it might take until December 21 too 

Yup. It could be this Friday or next Monday or next Friday.
Don't get your hopes up for this Friday.

But well if it's written that v have to be more nervous, it might take until December 21 too 
Sure in Pennsylvania, or a  :pcs: or CTS state. The initial release should happen well before then.

is it typically a monday or friday?
Welcome to sub-phase C.

We've seen an initial release on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday. We've never seen an initial release on Weekends or on Wednesdays. I think it's safe to say that an initial release on the weekend won't happen because NCESS has regular business hours. There's certainly no good reason why it couldn't happen on a Wednesday, just that we've never seen it.

I'd be realllllllly surprised if results were released this week. Last year, the results came out Dec. 4th and that was considered earlier than expected.  

I'd be realllllllly surprised if results were released this week. Last year, the results came out Dec. 4th and that was considered earlier than expected.  
This was the info I was looking for. So it is not gonna be this week. So ok. Lemme log into the forum the next Monday

I got my results today in WI

I saved a ton of $$ on my car insurance by switching to Geico. :thumbs:   No results this week per the corresponding historical results spreadsheet. But hopefully it will be a nice Xmas present for most. Others (cough cough, PA) probably a New Years Day hangover gift? :dunno:

Hi all,

i did not know there is a chance to get the result these two coming weeks ! 

I thought I literally have to wait for 8 weeks to pass. 

I really wish everyone the best of luck , I am sure all of us prepared for the test, I am not sure if I will pass or not , but one thing for sure : I am proud of myself to pass the FE exam in 2018 and whatever the result is , I am not going to settle until I am a PE. 

Good luck everyone again ! 

I thought I literally have to wait for 8 weeks to pass. 
They're just padding their estimate. It hasn't taken 8 weeks for the initial release in a decade.

...but there have been plenty of recent cases where a state took longer than 10 weeks to release. *cough* Pennsylvania *cough*

Heya people, there's not a strong (that I've seen) showing of Electricals on the spam board, but I know there are a lot of you hanging out in here.

It's a fun place to come to destress and spam until results are released. Besides, NCEES doesn't release results until the spam board reaches its goal, and there's a way to go. You want your results, right?? Oh, and I should also mention, the more you spam, the more likely you are to pass. That's just how it works.

Back