Qualifying experience

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Davidd

Reaction score
What is the qualifying experience? I am waiting for to achieve those qualifying experience to apply for exam and board approval. Meanwhile my coworker passed and got PE license while working as the same job function with me. Our office is a contractor, not an engineering firm. So its hard to achieve engineering experience. We did some design build projects but usually those projects are not engineering, just to layout things, and no calculation necessary. I still wonder why I am waiting for? Should I apply for PE now? 

Last edited by a moderator:
What is the qualifying experience? I am waiting for to achieve those qualifying experience to apply for exam and board approval. Meanwhile my coworker passed and got PE license while working as the same job function with me. Our office is a contractor, not an engineering firm. So its hard to achieve engineering experience. We did some design build projects but usually those projects are not engineering, just to layout things, and no calculation necessary. I still wonder why I am waiting for? Should I apply for PE now? 
This topic comes up frequently for those individuals working in the construction industry.  You do not necessarily have to have to have true "Design experience", but may have made some design modification suggestions during a constructibility review, RFI submittal, etc.  NCEES added the construction section for licensure awhile back for those individuals in the construction industry. 

Please review the link below for some ideas on how to write your qualifying experience.

Actually my coworker did a lot of of twising on the application form about the work experiences. She knows the boards like the design work, and she just put that drafting work as her design work, and Boom she got approved. 

Back