I passed but the FE Exam destroyed my self confidence.

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MerciSeigneur

Reaction score
I failed the FE Civil several times. The failure made me stop my masters and I quite my job to work as technician because I was convinced that failing more than 7 times means I’m not up to be an engineer. I was B student at school but I couldn’t just pass the FE Exam. I passed today while In the past 4 times the last one is the one was not confident because it took me 3h for the 1st part of the exam also the exam was harder. I passed and I think it will take a lot of time for me to get my confidence back. Thanks God I’m finally done with it

I failed the FE Civil several times. The failure made me stop my masters and I quite my job to work as technician because I was convinced that failing more than 7 times means I’m not up to be an engineer. I was B student at school but I couldn’t just pass the FE Exam. I passed today while In the past 4 times the last one is the one was not confident because it took me 3h for the 1st part of the exam also the exam was harder. I passed and I think it will take a lot of time for me to get my confidence back. Thanks God I’m finally done with it
First off, congratulations on passing! That must be a huge relief.  The exam is not easy.

I think one of the joys of life is regaining your confidence after a huge failure. And one of life's frustrations is that it's a constant, cyclical process.  Regain confidence.  Suffer a failure.  Try to pull the shards of your confidence back together. Wash, rinse, repeat.

Know that you will get your confidence back, and have trust in yourself that you are capable.  No is going to care that you failed the FE 7 times except for yourself.  If you passed, then clearly you have what it takes.  Move forward with confidence and knowing you have tackled a beast.

Back